Telus Optik TV 2012 New Channels Discussion - Page 8 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Telus > Telus IPTV (also known as Optik TV)

Digital Home Helpful Information

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-05, 11:01 AM   #106
Blintok

so i rebooted my cis430 as suggested.
716 cartoon network is there
504 LS times is there
183 comedy gold still does not exist. supposed to be on free preview until July 31. but not sure if it matters all that much as it appears to be just a copy of the Deju View channel, yes?
Blintok is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-07-05, 10:02 PM   #107
BKman74

yeah do you have channel 14? that airs the comedy gold channel. also i just noticed today on vod that they're moving the adult section into the movies section. I think that's stupid cause some stupid parent won't know parental controls and there kid can rent movies and if they go to the adult section, there's probably going to be a lot of complaints from stupid parents who don't know parental controls. I strongly say to keep the adult content in a seperate section.
BKman74 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2012-07-11, 06:52 PM   #108
BKman74

Default nvm

nvm the adult section is moved to the bottom of the movies section. and also yesterday i noticed they changed the menu on optik tv. looks really nice, but the only thing is it's really slow but they'll eventually release updates to not only speed up vod but hopefully also facebook and twitter.
Old 2012-07-11, 10:30 PM   #109
edked
Rookie

Default On Demand Changes

I'm a little iffy regarding the new interface, but I'm willing to give it a chance & see if it's just me being resistant to change...

I have noticed that AMC on demand seems to have vanished.
I hoped briefly that maybe the new interface just didn't show a channel's VOD selection if it was "empty" (that last, lonely Mad Men episode had been there a while all by itself the last time I looked a couple of weeks ago) and that it would show up when AMC had new shows up again, but Telus's web site doesn't show it among the available options anymore (after it was just introduced a couple of months ago).
I considered calling in to ask, but how likely is it that a call centre drone will be able to provide a satisfactory answer?

I was looking forward to maybe Breaking Bad being available this way, but, ah well, I guess I'll just DVR it.
edked is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2012-07-11, 10:49 PM   #110
BKman74

telus has been really slow adding new content for fx canada and amc on demand and the only things on amc on demand was mad men. Maybe some time they will add new content.
Old 2012-07-11, 11:09 PM   #111
edked
Rookie

That was what I assumed until (as mentioned above) I noticed that all mention of it had vanished from Telus's web site...
Old 2012-07-13, 02:10 AM   #112
edked
Rookie

Default On Demand Changes

I just noticed a change to On Demand that I have a major problem with: the date that a program is available until is no longer shown with the summaries while browsing. If there's nowhere else that this info can be found, I might be making a call after all...
Old 2012-07-19, 01:19 PM   #113
BKman74

you can find out the date by going to optik on demand online.
Old 2012-07-20, 12:46 PM   #114
Dr.Dave

The CRTC has ruled in favor of Telus regarding the arbitration and ordered the parties to sign the Telus final offer affiliation agreements by 25 July 2012.

See this thread for more info:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/show...91#post1430491

This should allow Telus to carry channels like Space HD and Discovery Channel HD very soon.
Dr.Dave is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2012-07-20, 03:01 PM   #115
Tutelos

Yea!!!
Interesting to see the CRTC chose Telus over Bell, I though it would be a done deal with Bell's mastery of vertical integration...
Tutelos is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2012-07-20, 04:26 PM   #116
edked
Rookie

"you can find out the date by going to optik on demand online."

Not fully true: from what I was able to find, it only covers programming available through the "online/mobile" version of on demand, which actually is only a limited selection of what you can get through Optik online (no FX Canada programming, for instance, which is where I personally missed out on seeing something because the expiry date had vanished).
In any case, it's not really much of a substitute for arbitrarily, unnecessarily taking something out of the TV interface.
Old 2012-07-24, 12:41 AM   #117
Ronnie Yau
Rookie

Default Teletoon HD not showing up

I looked at the website and it said "Teletoon HD is on channel 701".
When I look in between 699 and 702 on my TV nothing is there.
Ronnie Yau is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2012-07-24, 02:05 AM   #118
ae_collector

I don't think that there has been a Teletoon HD on Optik has there? So I'm guessing it is "coming soon". There should be at least a couple of new HD channels coming real soon now that Bell and Telus have settled their battle in the courts. I think they were given until Wednesday to give Telus the channels they were looking for which will include Space HD and Discovery HD, mayb more as well.
Old 2012-07-24, 10:43 AM   #119
Dr.Dave

Copied from the Telus web site:
Quote:
TELETOON - new HD channel
HD Channel 701
Theme Pack Family
Available as individual channel No
http://www.telus.com/content/tv/opti...highlights.jsp

Ronnie Yau, try rebooting your STB if you don't see one of the new channels in the guide.

I'm not in Telus territory, so I can't tell if the channel is actually there or not.
Dr.Dave is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2012-07-25, 06:52 PM   #120
BKman74

meh nothing really to watch on teletoon except looney tunes show and teletoon at night.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.