HDHomeRun Dual Comparison: Old (white) vs. New (Charcoal) - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Consumer Electronics and Home Computing > Home Theatre Personal Computer (HTPC) and Media Extenders

Old 2012-05-17, 08:41 PM   #16
Eljaca

recneps77 - you can thank me for the sale price. It was bound to go to Shell Shocker given that I bought mine a few days ago at full price!

I am impressed with the tuner, pulls in a few more channels than my TV's could not.

Eljaca
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-05-18, 12:55 PM   #17
slyboy

Where is the best place to buy these?
Old 2012-05-18, 05:27 PM   #18
ScaryBob
Veteran

Quote:
Where is the best place to buy these?
In Canada, newegg. That shell shocker price was good. Too bad it only lasted a few hours.
Old 2012-05-19, 01:11 AM   #19
slyboy

What was the shell shocker price? How did you guys become aware of this limited time sale? I'd like to get on whatever mailing list that was sent out to.
Old 2012-05-23, 04:34 PM   #20
recneps77
Veteran

I don't know if there's a mailing list, I just bookmark the shell shocker site and check it every day (if I remember/am looking for something in particular to go on sale).
I'm likely not allowed to post a direct link, so go to newegg canada's site and look for the shell shocker icon.
The URL is a generic one that updates twice a day on weekdays and once on weekends with a limited time deal.

It should be obvious you have the proper URL to bookmark because it says ShellShocker right in it.

Anyways, it arrived today. Preliminary results are good - will have to wait for the old one to drop out/have breakups to see how it is for sensitivity.
Despite higher power levels for CHCH and WBBZ, can't get them.

It is showing on par or better for all channels so far, despite an extra (internal) split vs the old one.
When I don't have anything to record (likely this weekend), I'll strip down to just input cable, no amp, no split and see how it does.
Old 2012-07-11, 05:45 PM   #21
Chasseur

recneps77, did you have time to perform additional comparisons?
Old 2012-07-11, 06:44 PM   #22
recneps77
Veteran

My stations are pretty stable - I've not noticed any opportunity to compare as yet.. aside from DXing, in which the v3 had picked up some Rochester stations reliably (but barely above the cliff), while v2 would be oscillating in and out of lock.

Winter will be my true test when stations all become a bit weaker and are more susceptible to losing them.
Old 2012-08-03, 07:39 PM   #23
recneps77
Veteran

Some bad tropo right now is knocking out one station (major interference for 93% power level to be knocked out).
With identical input (but HDHR3 gives it another split, mind you)
The v3 is just barely locking, while the v2 is showing some signal quality, but unable to lock.