Recommend a good boombox - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Consumer Electronics and Home Computing > Portable Electronics: Digital Cameras, Camcorders, ebook Readers, iPods, MP3 Players and GPS

Old 2012-07-08, 10:28 PM   #1
Jake

Question Recommend a good boombox

I have been looking for boomboxes without much luck. Most of them lack a sufficiently large woofer or are low power. I have used a few work-site boomboxes that are pretty decent but I don't need all the bells and whistles (like battery charger, AC plugs). I don't need an iPod dock but it should as a minimum have a USB and stereo aux jack. I really like the work-site boxes with the SD slot. A built-in CD player is a waste of space and cost. Know of any good ones?

It is hard to tell from pictures.
Advertisement

Old 2012-07-08, 11:42 PM   #2
cooper83
Veteran

I'll look into it, but I can almost guarantee you'll find iPod docks before you find a USB input. Most should have an aux input at the very least.
Old 2012-07-09, 12:56 AM   #3
Jake

iPod dock is OK but not essential. So far I have found the JVC RV-NB70B or the Altec Lansing iMT810.
Old 2012-07-10, 12:39 AM   #4
Coop

I've never heard of Lasonic but it does everything you want.
Old 2012-07-10, 09:39 AM   #5
sailmaker

The only good boom box is a dead one. Sorry, could't resist. A 10 second segment on a video I took on the waterfront in St. Pete Florida around 2000 is of a 20-something riding a bicycle, steering with one hand and holding the biggest, baddest noise maker on his overburdened shoulder with the other. Why doesn't someone make a small player with ear buds? Oh wait.
Old 2012-07-10, 10:38 AM   #6
Jake

Coop,

It needs more color!

What I find funny is that is the boombox used in the Lonely Island video "Boombox". Or at least the colorless version.