EastLink 2012 New Channels discussion - Page 19 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > EastLink

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-26, 09:37 AM   #271
Dr.Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by denben73 View Post
It was back to History HD by 6:30. Who knows, maybe that will be the only time we ever get to see Bravo! HD on EastLink.

No idea what happened. I checked the Rogers' thread to see if there was a channel change somewhere but found out that they don't even carry Bravo HD at all. I checked Shaw Broadcast too, nothing there.
Someone posted in the Rogers New Channels thread this morning that they just added Bravo HD and Discovery HD, so if some Eastlink cities share a feed with Rogers there could have been some temporary side effects.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-06-26, 09:52 AM   #272
David1953

Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia(Maestro whole home PVR with two terminals)

Thanks for that info, Dr. Dave, and something tells me that could be what was behind what happened yesterday. Perhaps Eastlink actually had Discovery HD on the other channel affected, channel 644, but I wasn't home before the feeds had been replaced by colour bars, then put back to normal later on.

What is interesting is that Rogers added Bravo HD and Discovery HD but no Space HD, but that is another issue entirely.

I am still wondering if any good news will come out of those CRTC hearings to be held this Friday.
Old 2012-06-27, 12:05 AM   #273
Liv1984

Default my email and the reply I received from eastlink cx care

Subject: General Inquiry (CCF)

I am just wondering when you guys will be adding the twn hd, space hd, bravo hd and discovery hd. I am also wondering if you will ever add the global reality channel. I don't understand why you don't have the global reality channel since you pretty much carry all of the other shaw owned channels.

Thank you for contacting EastLink.

We understand that you are interested some HD channels

Although there are currently no plans for EastLink to add these channels to the programming lineup, we will note your interest and consider it in our future plans. We consistently review our lineup to ensure that our customers are satisfied with the variety of channels we offer, and often add channels according to CRTC regulations and subscriber interest. We encourage you to check www.eastlink.ca regularly to find out when new channels will be added in your area.

If we can assist you further, please reply to this email.

Our Customer Service and Technical Support Representatives are also available via:
Online Live Chat for Residential Technical & Customer Service inquiries: Monday through Friday 8am to 9pm, & Saturdays 9am to 5pm.
Phone: 1-888-345-1111 Customer service is available Monday through Friday 8am to 9pm & Saturdays 9am to 5pm, and Technical Support is available 24/7.

Sincerely,
Matthew
EastLink Customer Care
Old 2012-06-27, 04:24 AM   #274
David1953

I will admit that I am not happy, Liv1984, to hear that reply that Eastlink sent to you in reply to your email. I guess that essentially closes the book on Eastlink carrying Bell Media channels, if one reads, "between the lines". They seem to answer the question about The Weather Network in HD as well.

This seems like such a "canned reply", and frankly, I had expected more from Eastlink other than the response "We have no plans to carry these channels, and will consider them in future plans." Haven't people been asking for these channels for long enough?
Old 2012-06-27, 07:09 AM   #275
ta guy

Funny you guys got bravo hd yesterday.I was getting discovery in hd on the history channel.
Old 2012-06-27, 07:36 AM   #276
David1953

That is interesting, ta guy, and I think Dr. Dave gave a possible explanation as to what happened.

Rogers had just added Discovery HD and Bravo HD, and since Eastlink picks up some of their feeds from Rogers, and also, since Rogers has been moving some channels around in their lineup, it is possible that Eastlink got the Bravo HD and Discovery HD feeds in place of History HD and possibly Movietime HD for a short time, until Eastlink realized the error, and fixed it.

According to the CSR's reply to Liv1984 in reply to her direct question, we cannot expect to see any new Bell Media channels in the near future.
Old 2012-06-27, 07:37 AM   #277
denben73

Location: Eastlink - Timmins, ON; Maestro DVR w/ 4 terminals, Xbox360, Wii, SiriusXM, iPad2 & Galaxy S4

My favourite part of the email from EastLink - "We encourage you to check www.eastlink.ca regularly to find out when new channels will be added in your area."

Will be added???? Have they ever given advanced notice of anything?

Canned reply, IMO. It's probably the standard reply to any channel request. I bet you could email them about Cartoon Network Canada and maybe even get the same reply even though it has been "leaked" that it is launching on EastLink next week.
Old 2012-06-27, 07:45 AM   #278
David1953

Ah, yes, denben73, canned replies, many companies do give those, don't they? Bell is known for giving similar replies when I used to ask them about new channels as well. Something tells me that those CSRs are told to keep their lips sealed until something is carved in stone. They can be discouraging, though.

Of course I will be keeping a close eye on those hearings on Friday, and will try to "keep the faith" as best I can. I like Eastlink, and if they do follow through and add these channels, I will be one happy guy.
Old 2012-06-27, 01:45 PM   #279
ta guy

It is a shame in this HD world that we can't seem to get all the hd available.We know that they're out there but we just can't have em.
Old 2012-06-27, 03:29 PM   #280
denben73

Location: Eastlink - Timmins, ON; Maestro DVR w/ 4 terminals, Xbox360, Wii, SiriusXM, iPad2 & Galaxy S4

Know the feeling...

The majority of customers are still on SD only, believe or not. At least, they have at least one DCT. It's time to shut off analog or at the very least move the tiers over and leave just the Basic channels. It would be a start IMO.

Anyone else feel that EastLink is really really quiet lately? The Twitter feed is almost dead and been like that for a few weeks, except for a bunch of retweets. They advertise they add new HD content every month...(nothing added in over 2 months now for customers in NS, for us even longer) The website's "What's New" still shows previews that ended almost 2 weeks ago. Internet 80 is taking forever to launch in most places. I don't know if they have all their energy and time going towards the wireless launch or what it is but it seems to suck a bit that they seem to be at a stand still.

Last edited by denben73; 2012-06-27 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Fixed typos
Old 2012-06-27, 04:11 PM   #281
David1953

You have sure made some excellent points there, denben73, and I wonder iff there is any particular reason why new channel additions are so infrequent recently. My thought is that Eastlink is much more focused these days on the impending launch of cellular service, and getting their community channel up and running in HD. Naturally, I am not happy with some recent rate increases, with no corresponding increase in new channels. I agree with you, time to get rid of analog, or at least make some of the discretionary tiers digital, which will free up space for new channels.

The rumour mill is grinding that Eastlink will be picking up Cartoon Network Canada next week when it launches, let's see if that indeed takes place.
Old 2012-06-28, 02:59 PM   #282
Liv1984

Default Eastlink HD

I see that Eastlink Community Channel HD is now in the guide, but not live, keeps saying this channel should be available shortly, I looked for other hd channels and of course nothing new. channel 610

Last edited by Liv1984; 2012-06-28 at 03:00 PM. Reason: didn't provide channel placement
Old 2012-06-29, 06:50 AM   #283
David1953

There s no channel 610 in the Halifax area yet, Liv1984. My understanding s that programming on Eastlink's new high definition community channel will not be until sometime in July. I sure hope that they can find a way to provide closed captioning on their community channel as well, and am surprised that it is not in the CRTC guidelines.
Old 2012-06-29, 07:57 AM   #284
eastcoast gal

It's not showing up in Bridgewater either.
Old 2012-06-29, 11:53 AM   #285
Liv1984

it was showing yesterday around 3 pm ast, it said this channel will available shortly, but its not in the guide today, maybe they were just testing it or something. today is the crtc decision I hope something good comes out of it.
Closed Thread