MTS Channel Changes June 26, 2012 - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > MTS

Old 2012-06-27, 04:09 PM   #16
Mozza

The problem with relying on the "Galaxie App" is that they have removed the "screen saver" from it, ruining it for us plasma users.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-06-27, 06:07 PM   #17
tofurkey

Nope, Dr. Dave, I have high speed. I tried all the other apps (yellow pages, facebook, etc.) and none work, they all say high speed required. I phoned in and the tech couldn't fix it on his end by resetting the modem and refreshing my service, so he bumped it up to his tester to look at. For some reason, my STB is not recognizing that I have high speed service.

Edit - they just phoned back while I was typing this and said my box was missing a "code", and all is well now. My apps and Galaxie work as they should.

Sorry for taking this off-topic from the channel changes.
Old 2012-06-28, 09:24 AM   #18
SomeRandomGuy

Hi Mozza,

I have Galaxie on in the mornings (channel 600) while getting ready for work - the Screen Saver feature was still there, I think it turns on after about 5 minutes (used to be like 2 minutes, but for the past few months it has been around 5 minutes).
Old 2012-06-29, 10:22 AM   #19
Mozza

Well - that's nice to know then! I had it playing the other day, and got nervous that the song had finished and the screen saver hadn't gone on yet!

The price us plasma users pay to have superior picture!
Old 2012-06-29, 11:35 AM   #20
SomeRandomGuy

Yah I hear you, I really like Plazma over the LCD, but I so hate worrying about what is on the screen and if it will burn in.