Plasma vs LCD - Page 23 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Consumer Electronics and Home Computing > HDTV: High Definition Television including LCD and Plasma

Old 2012-06-19, 09:33 PM   #331
snorlax

Default Burn in is universal

I would just like to point out we have burn in on a bunch of Samsung 42 inch LCD's here at work. We run them with a multi-display that has a matrix of 4 X 5 (20 different programs) with labels below each mini screen. When we switch the display to a full screen mode those labels are clearly visible. Who says LCD's don't burn in. In 2010 at the Vancouver Olympics, Panasonic supplied hundreds of Plasma displays for the broadcasters. They also were used with multi-displays and they too burned in after only a few months. Moral of the story: keep your program material varied, no matter what type of display you have.
Advertisement

Old 2012-06-20, 12:42 AM   #332
Dwayne Gorniak

Location: Alberta, Yamaha RX-V1700, LG 60" Plasma, BD-F7500, Post Audio & Energy spkrs, Paradigm PDR-12 Sub

Stupidity causes burn in! If you can't stretch the screen or set your system up so that you don't have black bars, that is your own fault. I don't watch 4:3 material with black bars on the sides of my plasma for months on end. I have two plasmas, One is over five years old that my kid plays tons of video games on. There are features on all kinds of devices to reduce burn in. Our plasmas have it, Our Wii has it, both my Blu-Ray players have it. Too many people are just plain too lazy to read the owners manuals and follow instructions these days.

If you like that fake looking Soap Opera effect where the main characters look like they are standing in front of fake backgrounds or props That Audacity seems to be so darned fond of go right ahead and listen to someone as narrow minded as Audacity and buy that piece of junk that all your friends will be looking at and wondering why the screen looks so darned weird.

And can someone please explain to Keeng Kong better than I can the difference of Plasma 600hz vs LCD and LED 120 or 240hz? I wouldn't want Audacity to muck that theory up either.
Dwayne Gorniak is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2012-06-20, 05:09 AM   #333
Steve604

I'm looking for some clarification on the soap opera effect.

would you describe that as the picture looks almost twitchy?
I noticed my dads tv almost looks twitchy and it becomes more apparent with hd picture, I noticed on another buddys tv once before too, but I've seen other lcds that don't look like that, but on lcds that I didn't notice it on the motion blur was way worse
Old 2012-06-20, 06:08 PM   #334

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Panasonic TCP65S1, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 8300-eHDD

Flicker discussions have been moved to a separate thread. Any further discussions on flicker should be discussed there. They will be deleted here.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=154619

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.