Eastlink Already Raising Rates For Hollywood Suite???? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > EastLink

Old 2012-06-13, 06:37 PM   #1
jimbo42

Location: Halifax (Motorola HD DVR DCX3400-M/DCX700M 50" Plasma)
Default Eastlink Already Raising Rates For Hollywood Suite????

Well looks like Eastlink is raising rates on the Hollywood Suite http://eastlink.ca/CableDigitalTV/HDTV.aspx service from $4.99 to $5.99 . This has me hopping mad. It's only been available for 7 months and already there gouging us with an extra $1 for this service.

When will all these price increases end? It's been non stop for the last 12 or so months that they have raised rates on just about everything and I am getting sick and tired of the "EXTREME" rate increases of this company. I love their service but when is this going to stop? I understand their are increases in rates yearly but we are now getting hit with like 5 or so increases a year compared to the one or 2 we use to get.
Advertisement

Old 2012-06-14, 04:33 AM   #2
eastcoast gal

I see the HD package is now $7.95....wasn't it $8.95?
Old 2012-06-14, 04:47 AM   #3
David1953

Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia(Maestro whole home PVR with two terminals)

I am not happy about Eastlink's constant rate increases either, jimbo42. Why can't they be content with one, or possibly even 2, increases per year, but 5 or more, done in differerent ways, is getting very wearying indeed. Yes, I agree with you, I like Eastlink, but these constant rate increases have got to stop.

Also, it seems that Eastlink has REALLY slowed down in adding new channels lately. I am not sure why, but Eastlink used to be quite aggressive in adding them, but that has changed in the past couple of months. There is STILL no sign of Eastlink ever coming to an agreement with Bell to carry their missing HD channels. What is Eastlink using these rate increases for anyway?

Also, I was reading the Bell Aliant thread, and I see that they may finally getting their act together about HD, and we may see that company add a LOT more HD channels in the days ahead. They may even add the Bell Media HD channels that might never come to Eastlink.