Shaw Direct Complaint and Rant Thread - Page 20 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Shaw Direct (formerly Star Choice)

Old 2012-05-04, 02:47 PM   #286
gzink

I had multiple 630's and SD nor techie could solve but when I called to switch to the new rv program because I'm now on cable, the csr very smugly stated that all my problems were grounding related and he could have solved them if only I had reached him with my troubles....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-05-05, 08:13 AM   #287
AbbyJane
Rookie

DSR 600 problem. Anybody run into this one yet? SD says I get Space HD, I can tune to Space HD, but if I have unsubscribed channels hidden it does not appear in the guide. I've already tried all the usual stuff including a receiver refresh. Oh, and the SD self serve page says I have different services than I do (Digital favorites is the only thing they have right).
Old 2012-05-05, 10:15 AM   #288
soltech

Yes same here.Only why to get it is set guide to unhide on 630.
Old 2012-05-05, 02:42 PM   #289
smsat

Same issue here with 605 and 630. Called last night - they had me do a receiver reboot. This fixed it for a bit but back to same issue today.

Also:

Nothing coming in on Disvovery HD, TsnHD, Tsn2HD or CTVHD.
Old 2012-05-05, 02:45 PM   #290
DSgamby
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsat View Post

Nothing coming in on Disvovery HD, TsnHD, Tsn2HD or CTVHD.
Shaw is having a nation wide problem.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/show...wpost&t=153491
Old 2012-05-27, 01:04 PM   #291
hfhf
Rookie

Very pee's at shaw for getting red of HD net. Replaced it with that "space garbage"
Old 2012-05-27, 05:11 PM   #292
mon_Key_C

You aren't missing much new right now

Most concerts are reruns such as:
May 28: Ted Nugent Live - I Still Believe!
May 30: Crosby-Nash: In Concert
May 31: Doobie Brothers - World Gone Crazy Live
June 1:REO Speedwagon
June 3: Bad Company - Live at Wembley
June 3: Bon Jovi, Lost Highway - The Concert
June 3: Nickelback - Live at Sturgis
June 3: John Fogerty - The Long Road Home

Paying extra for HD reruns on numerous Bell owned channels is much more entertaining.

Almost as entertaining as the 6 shows repeated daily on 12 Shaw owned cable channels.
Old 2012-05-27, 06:40 PM   #293
QCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mon_Key_C View Post
You aren't missing much new right now
I miss the MMA content they offered very much. Many live event shows that you cannot see anywhere else and the weekly Inside MMA show as well.
Old 2012-05-28, 09:33 AM   #294
classicsat
Veteran

I miss the HD-Net concerts, but am finding plenty on Youtube (plus all sorts of Midnight Special, Old Grey Whistle Test and Rockpalast clips - although not HD, the video camera/tape technology of the time is next to it). It is a double edged sword though, I like the "Classic Rock" artists, and they mostly don't look so good nowadays, their older shows in the prime of their careers was taped in SD.
Old 2012-05-28, 12:04 PM   #295
Bayguy

Default Not much PPV

Okay this isnt a huge rant but we're just switching from Bell to Shaw and Shaw has hardly any PPV channels. BEV has lots and not just that it lets you choose what time to watch but they actually have more movies. Weve got some PPV credits fm Shaw but I dont know whether we'll be able to use them before they expire b'cuz there isnt much we want to watch. We looked at BEV's website and they've got more movies but we don't have free PPV there.
Old 2012-05-28, 01:51 PM   #296
johnnucleo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayguy View Post
Okay this isnt a huge rant but we're just switching from Bell to Shaw and Shaw has hardly any PPV channels. BEV has lots and not just that it lets you choose what time to watch but they actually have more movies. Weve got some PPV credits fm Shaw but I dont know whether we'll be able to use them before they expire b'cuz there isnt much we want to watch. We looked at BEV's website and they've got more movies but we don't have free PPV there.
Agreed, that Shaw Direct has very few actual PPV movie channels, but I found the selection to be same as other providers in terms of movies offered. It's just that you'll find they are played at weird times. Like at 5am. Rarely are they playing at normal viewing times, so best thing to do if you have a PVR, is purchase movie and set it to record so you can watch it later. Shaw Direct website has each month's PPV movie listings. Just search via the menu for one and then as I say, PVR it, cause you'll rarely find a movie playing at a normal time.
Old 2012-05-29, 05:49 PM   #297
Bayguy

Hi johnnucleo yes I think youre right that mostly Shaw plays the same movies as Bell but be'cuz Bell has more channels they keep them around longer. So for example right now we could see Puss 'n' Boots and War Horse on Bell but they aren't on Shaw where we have the PPV credits. I'm sure they were there maybe last month or month before but they're gone now.

We have been looking at the Shaw website and just hope that some good stuff will show up in June or July.
Old 2012-07-14, 09:58 PM   #298
RaymondT

Default Award-winning customer service?

So after sitting on hold for 35 minutes, head throbbing from where the dish slid down and bonked me, I finally get a CSR. I start to explain I need a remap and re-activation. My phone starts to pack it in so I asked him to phone me back on my wife's cell. CSR tells me he's too busy Phone dies...

Starting to wonder if he secretly worked for Telus Optic. Got phone recharged, called - wait times exceed 60 minutes.
Old 2012-07-28, 01:07 PM   #299
stecle

Default Pixelation

Yesterday I am watching the Olympics on CTV HD and about every 30 seconds the program pixelates. After that I watch the CFL game on TSN HD and the same thing although it is not as bad as CTV HD. Check my signal and it is excellent as usual.

I really wish there was Satellite provider in Canada that offered a service that actually worked properly. My friend has cable and he doesn't have the pixelation problems that we do with satellite.

Actually I don't even know why I am complaining about it as I know nothing will ever be done to address the problem. Shawdirect probably doesn't even know what the problem is!

Thanks Digital Home for having a Rant thread!
Old 2012-07-29, 01:08 AM   #300
Bayguy

Stecle are you sure youre dish is aligned okay? We're in California and we watched the opening ceremony live on CTV yesterday and there were no glitches. or maybe you had bad weather in your city?

Tags
complaint, rant, shaw direct