Any hope for a UK Wii? Black & White Picture - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Entertainment > Video Game Consoles and PC Gaming

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-05-07, 12:35 PM   #1
Needsomehelp
Rookie

Question Any hope for a UK Wii? Black & White Picture

Hi there, hoping I can get some advice on making my UK wii work in Canada - and whether it is possible. I know the issues are going to be to do with Pal and NTSC formats but before I go out and buy a new Wii (and replace my games) I wanted to see if its at all possible for the UK one to work here.

Connected the Wii to the TV and after a bit of fiddling with settings, have been able to get a picture that fits the screen but is in black and white. I'm using the cable (white, red and yellow) that came with the Wii to connect it to the tv.

Is there anyway to get a perfect, normal colour picture?

Does it also depend on the tv you're using? We're currently using an Advent PS 42D8B (fairly old I guess) which is borrowed so at some point we will be looking to get a new one.

Any advice on if it's possible to get a proper picture using the UK wii on this tv would be grateful. Or should I bite the bullet and buy a wii and games from here?
Thanks in advance!