Media Room 2.1: Release Date, Features, Wish List?(now 2.1.2295) - Page 9 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Telus > Telus IPTV (also known as Optik TV)

Digital Home Helpful Information

Old 2012-05-02, 05:46 PM   #121
s0ren
Rookie

I'm wondering if any of the telus techs following the forum know anything about when the optik 2.1 update for the xboxes will happen? A few people have said they received something by email or by regular mail about how to update, but i've had the 2.1 update on my pvr for almost 3 weeks and no word about my xbox. Are the xboxes getting updated after the rollout to the 430s and 330s are complete? My xbox is the receiver that I use the most and after having the benefits of the update on my pvr using the xbox is painful
s0ren is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-05-02, 06:26 PM   #122
Blintok

So yesterday morning i reboot the cis430 and i see an update yes/no selection. Holy H E double hockeysticks ..the update!! finally.

selected yes and let it do its thing. 20min later box still at the box is initializing window. So figured something not right here, must be frozen. Reboot again and it starts the update. I get the progress bar with warning not to turn off box during update.

it restarted itself and i am now on 2.1 - yay!!

i also noticed the blue led is always on now. but so far i notice less sound pauses/mini freezes.

(PS - this is Downtown Vancouver near Chinatown)
Blintok is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2012-05-02, 07:54 PM   #123
Canucks4life

I received a letter in the mail today about the update dated April 16, 2012. Talks mostly about the PVR now automatically will use power saving mode after being idle 4hrs apparently saving over $10/year.
Canucks4life is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2012-05-03, 01:35 AM   #124
warrenmr

Still no update for me. Getting jumpy...
Old 2012-05-03, 12:04 PM   #125
Barry N

I have a black Cisco box and a silver Scientific Atlantic. The other day I was able to update the Cisco Box,but the Scientific will not update. I phoned tech support and they told me that they would have to send the registration number to Microsoft because it will take the update to 2.1.2295
Old 2012-05-03, 12:10 PM   #126
SilverElectric

Most of the old SA boxes were from a previous middleware (Minerva, not Microsoft Mediaroom), and to the best of my knowledge, they will be receiving the update later in the rollout. Support can't do much to help you, just have to wait for the updates to reach all the boxes. I can't do more to help, but just want to confirm that it's not a problem with your box or service, it's just in a different device group than your other boxes.
SilverElectric is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2012-05-03, 04:36 PM   #127
Barry N

Thanks for the info. I just thought it was strange that one box updated and not the other.
Old 2012-05-03, 05:05 PM   #128
SilverElectric

yeah typically it's the entire household at once, the exception being just for the SA boxes that were flipped from Minerva to Mediaroom.
SilverElectric is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2012-05-03, 07:08 PM   #129
jimbo99
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverElectric View Post
yeah typically it's the entire household at once, the exception being just for the SA boxes that were flipped from Minerva to Mediaroom.
I have 3 Cisco boxes. 1 Cisco PVR and two other Cisco boxes. One box has updated to 2.1, but the PVR and other Cisco box are still on 2.0. Did a full reboot on all boxes, starting with the router, and still no update on the other 2.

Called Telus and CSR tells me that it is possible for only one box to update at a time. I just have to wait until the updates are available for the other two. He couldn't tell me why only one updated, but that I would have to wait for the other two to update "sometime".
jimbo99 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2012-05-03, 11:35 PM   #130
merve04

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverElectric View Post
Same for me, the 330's updated but not the PVR.
merve04 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2012-05-04, 03:46 PM   #131
zapperman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo99 View Post
I have 3 Cisco boxes. 1 Cisco PVR and two other Cisco boxes. One box has updated to 2.1, but the PVR and other Cisco box are still on 2.0.
Echo this (have all 3 Cisco's), except my PVR and 1 STB updated. I am still waiting for my last Cisco STB to update and it's been over a week now. I'm hoping that not having one updated is the reason I haven't noticed any improvement...
zapperman is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2012-05-04, 11:02 PM   #132
BKman74

@scorpion i already resetted the boxes plus @leafs i just signed up with optik in February. That's when i got my boxes. Reseting the internet doesn't work either. It's ok. The lagging stopped yesterday.
BKman74 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2012-05-05, 01:49 AM   #133
mactalla

Quote:
I'm hoping that not having one updated is the reason I haven't noticed any improvement...
There's one way to test that: disconnect the non-updated one and perhaps reboot. Then use the system for a bit before inviting the ugly duckling back to the party.
mactalla is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2012-05-07, 10:13 PM   #134
Artiecon

We just got the update to both 430 and 330 boxes this evening in North Calgary
Artiecon is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2012-05-08, 03:04 AM   #135
i6s1

The last service group has been added. All the STBs originally loaded with Mediaroom will update on reboot. The STBs that were originally loaded with Minerva will be added to the update list soon. All silver STBs and a small number of black STBs were flipped from Minerva.

Once again, the easiest way to check the box is to press guide. If it says Optik in the upper left, it's been updated to 2.1. If it says Telus, it's still on 2.0.
i6s1 is offline   Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.