Bell TV Pricing and Programming Packages Discussion - Page 26 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Bell Canada Enterprises (BCE) > Bell Satellite TV

Digital Home Helpful Information

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-02, 12:55 PM   #376
moosefan

I just made changes to my old themes online with self serve without any problem. They actually opened up the ability to choose new theme packs which wasn't the case last week. Last week you could only remove packs under the old programming.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-05-02, 02:31 PM   #377
Stan Dev

It is indeed very confusing why some of us under the old plan can still view and change our programming online, while others can't. But Bell often baffles.

For what it's worth, I'm using Firefox from a Mac (Bell's website has always acted flakey for Safari), and I can still access the "Change programming" feature, including the option to either change to the new G-B-B plan or change the selections in my existing plan.
Old 2012-05-02, 05:59 PM   #378
Bayguy

Stan FWIW I cant download Bell bills with FireFox so I have to use Safari!

Havent tried the pgm changing page.
Old 2012-05-02, 09:54 PM   #379
Davage

I tried to use Firefox to change programming, and I got the same. I wonder if it is something to do with the exact packages that I subscribe to. I have some of the VERY old packages, such as the Sports1 package that includes TSN, TSN2 and the Sportsnet channels.
Old 2012-05-02, 10:39 PM   #380
Thussy
Rookie

Question Can Bell match Rogers deals?

Hi guys,

Short story: I have Rogers for free 1 year through the builder, and am looking to switch to Bell for the below reason. Does Bell do anything to match these sorts of deals?

Long story:
I just moved into a new home and had the house wired with Cat6 throughout, including to the televisions.

I'm using Atlona HDbaseT baluns to the televisions with a Gefen matrix, and have Roomie Remote setup with IP2IR repeaters ready to go to control all my video sources in the basement, and shoot them to the rooms.

I had trialed it out on my current place's Bell HD box, and it all worked beautifully.

Fast forward, moved into the new place, setup my Rogers HD box (free for 1 year with the builder), and it can't do the HDCP handshake. Try their new Nextbox 2.0 stuff, and once again, no luck. I'm going to try the HD PVR as a last chance, in hopes of it pulling throught, but I'm not holding my breath.

Appreciate any input! (Edit by 57: regarding the Bell Deals, not regarding the HDCP issue discussed in another thread)

Last edited by 57; 2012-05-03 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Avoiding duplicate discussions.
Old 2012-05-02, 11:49 PM   #381
jovini

Just tried to adjust my programming, and it worked. (It didn't a few days ago) Sports 1 (Old) is still there.

Old 2012-05-03, 12:22 AM   #382
reidw
Veteran

Just completed a programming change involving the old packages. Dropped More Variety HD. No problems. Save about $5.00 before taxes. Confirmation e-mail was received immediately.

Frankly I don't get it. Why is Bell letting old customers continue to change their old packages? Perhaps they are having second thoughts about offering Good/Better/Best? Might this be a failed experiment that is about to be dropped?
Old 2012-05-03, 09:29 AM   #383
gmd

I wouldn't be surprised. Lots of people have been complaining.

Maybe it's time for a new marketing department?

-gmd
Old 2012-05-04, 11:15 PM   #384
rogue17

Bell basic in Quebec will go up by $1 along with the $2 increase.
Internet and phone will both go up by $1.
Old 2012-05-07, 03:53 AM   #385
SportsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by slash View Post
So I called into Bell to try and get a complete list of channels that I would loose if I switch to the new packages (already knowing that CTS and FAN 590 are gone when I switch living in SK).
Hmm, those two don't say "* Varies by local region" in the latest brochure like CHEX, CHEK and the networks do. What else will we lose if we switch to the new packages?
Old 2012-05-13, 09:00 AM   #386
moosefan

Looks like Bell has reinstated their downgrade programming as of next billing date policy. Dropped some programming this morning under the old programming and got the message that the changes will take effect June 9. It was nice when the changes took place immediately.
Old 2012-05-13, 09:27 AM   #387
reidw
Veteran

@moosefan: Just be grateful that you can downgrade again without having to argue with a CSR.
Old 2012-05-13, 01:47 PM   #388
rogue17

reidw
Quote:
Just be grateful that you can downgrade again without having to argue with a CSR.
Oh that is so true.
Old 2012-05-18, 06:52 AM   #389
sixer

Thumbs down

I still can't change my packages on-line either and I'm on the old package. Shame on Bell for not allowing us existing customers to compare and their price increase on time-shifting for old package is another attempt to push us to new plans.
Old 2012-05-18, 07:29 AM   #390
reidw
Veteran

@sixer: Funny but I had no trouble changing (dropping) an old HD theme pack last week. FWIW, I've never had a problem using Bell TV's self-serve website when I've wanted to make changes. I wonder if the problems many here seem to having may be related to either setting in your browsers or perhaps to your settings in Norton or other Internet security software. Might be worth investigating before blaming ma Bell.

Now as for the price increase in time-shifting. I think it's a matter of fairness. While there's no easy way to compare the old theme pack prices with the new GBB, is it really fair that those of us on the old timeshifting should pay less than those on the new offering? I think Bell TV is just trying to "level" the field for their old and new customers.
Closed Thread