Asus N61jq Laptop. Blue screen of death-Dmp files - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Consumer Electronics and Home Computing > Home Computing > Windows Computing

Old 2012-04-15, 09:40 PM   #1
CentaurChester

Default Asus N61jq Laptop. Blue screen of death-Dmp files

So I have fairly new laptop here.. I finally figured out that my old Linksrouter maybe dying.. So that I will have replace soon.

My problem... After waking up from Hibernation after few hours.. My computer goes to full Blue screen of death while chatting in IMVU.

My Specs
---------
- Asus N61jq Laptop (not over clocked)
- I7 Cpu 8 corses.. 1.7 Ghz boost to approx 2.8/2.9 Ghz
- 4 GB Ram
- Ati Radeon 5730 GPU 1 Gb Ram
- 500 GB HD
- Bran new Asus 25" LED Monitor via short HDMI
- Blue Ray drive..
- Windows 7 home 64 bit
- Shaw secure anti Virus
- Spybot search and destroy
- Windows and Drivers all update

I have been using, building computers and even worked in computer store for awhile, I've been asked to fix friends,nabours and even teachers computer for them over the last 10+ years..

My laptop has been running great in till last few days. Usually before I got to bed, I will put the laptop into hibernation mode, Which is saves all info to the hard drive and goes into sleep mode...

I spent a lot time mostly chatting with friends, Chatting in IMVU or just surfing the web, checking email, the odd time I'll play game.. I keep my computer running smoothly and only use Firefox.. I don't install a lot random program and I keep windows and all my software fairly up to date..

but my computer seem to give me Blue screen of death while in IMVU.. I just updated my ati drivers, but I am at a lost to what is causing the problem..

I have the dump files but I have never been good with anything this complex.. I have ran my own CS server long time ago, But I do not know what to do with windows .DMP files and I want to know what is causing window 7 to be giving a blue screen of death.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 4105

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: a
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFF800034E3F42
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\041512-30747-01.dmp
C:\Windows\Temp\WER-37284-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...8&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

This Laptop is not even 5 month old yet. It's been really soild system.. I just recently used fresh can of air to make sure all the vent are clean and clear and mostly sit on my coffee table, hooked up to my 25" Asus monitor..

Does anybody have some suggestion, I do not think the laptop is over heating, how could it when still fairly new.. All drives are update and windows has not reported any issues, Laptop has never been dropped.. I am at lost what to do.. I don't want have do reformat/reinstall win7..
In one years time I could understand. I have ran scandisk/defrag less then a week ago.

Last edited by CentaurChester; 2012-04-15 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Added info
CentaurChester is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-04-16, 12:41 PM   #2
Dr.Dave

Have you considered that the IMVU software is at fault. I Goggled "Blue screen of death IMVU" and saw a lot of situations where people had downgraded to an older version of IMVU and that solved the problem.
Dr.Dave is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2013-03-14, 08:37 AM   #3
CentaurChester

I have suspect for awhile that it is imvu and I have even sent imvu log files and what not to try prove to them it's not my laptop or a hard ware problem and its not with windows, Why

Even though its not a gaming laptop and does run bit warm when I am gaming,
I have played hours and hours of gaming with world of Warcraft (64 bit) with only the odd crash but never a blue screen of death,
I have played other games which are a lot more buggy without a single blue screen of death ( example, skyrim, oblivion , fallout 3 ) Starcraft 1 and 2 half life 2 and none, not any those have yet give me a blue screen of death,,

Yet if I'm in imvu for a few hours, then randomly without warning, boom blue screen of death, I suspect memory leak or something,

It's never given a blue screen of death except only in imvu,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.