In HD - Survivor: One World - Wed. Feb. 15 2012 - Page 5 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Entertainment > What's On Television?

Old 2012-03-29, 11:03 PM   #61
PFD

For sure this is the worst season ever. No chemistry, no charisma, no likeable characters, no interesting villains, just annoying people. Really poor casting this time around.
PFD is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-03-31, 07:32 PM   #62
Neild
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFD View Post
For sure this is the worst season ever. No chemistry, no charisma, no likeable characters, no interesting villains, just annoying people. Really poor casting this time around.
?????

The person voted out this week was portrayed as positive, a likeable and decent provider and contributor. Several others are getting 'nice' and likeable edits. Now whether that's their true personalities or TV editing is beside the point, it just illustrates that what you're saying isn't right.

There's a girl that's being portrayed as a burping ditz, but between the lines you can see everyone loves having her around. There was another likeable person who broke their arm and was removed.

As for villains, having a socially impaired, paranoid and grouchy old man dump his soiled manties in the pot makes him at least a medium grade villain. And Coulton was easily a top 5 (maybe even a top 3) villain in the history of Survivor.

We have other more complex characterizations to consider. There's the short guy that was disloyal, but totally honest about it, and both remorseful and open since then. We have conflicting tribal and gender alliances playing out.

I'll give you that the medical removals and merge and mix timings have been unfortunate, but the casting job this season is well above average.
Neild is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2012-03-31, 08:32 PM   #63
PFD

You must have misunderstood me.

By "Likeable characters" i meant for the viewers. There's nobody on there you can really root for. Nobody jumps out as someone you want to win this game.

And no, Coulton wasn't a villain in the Russel, Richard Hatch or Johnny Whatever sense. People could root for them. They were artful villains. Coulton was just a mean (person). And (pooping) ones pants doesn't compare. Sorry.

Last edited by Jase88; 2012-04-01 at 02:23 AM. Reason: Language
Old 2012-04-01, 12:00 PM   #64
NB Josh
Veteran

I don't know if I've ever hated anyone on Survivor as much as I hate Coulton and Tarzan. Coulton because he's just mean, and Tarzan because he's annoying. Alicia isn't much better than Coulton.

Jonas seemed like a good guy. I have no clue why they got rid of him. He didn't seem like a major threat to win immunity, in my opinion.

Of course they voted off Bill and Matt at the start of the season. They were two of the more likeable guys.
NB Josh is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2012-04-01, 01:09 PM   #65
jeffaustin90

Personally I'm liking the people with the Immunity and the people who can win challenges. Michael seems pretty cool, I want him to go far. Kim and Troyzan seem down-to-Earth and I'm glad they both have their Immunity Idols.
jeffaustin90 is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 2012-04-02, 09:30 PM   #66
Neild
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFD View Post
You must have misunderstood me.

By "Likeable characters" i meant for the viewers.
no misunderstanding, just pointing out there's several likable characters. you're welcome to your own isolated opinion though. Also your claim that it's the worst casting of all the seasons seems to be a unique opinion. It's ok to hate on a show, but your criticisms don't seem to be accurate.
Neild is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2012-04-03, 01:31 PM   #67
james99

For me this has been the type of season where you root against somebody.

I don't really have a favourite yet but it's hard to root for the men after they gave up immunity just to get rid of Bill.
james99 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2012-04-03, 02:44 PM   #68
jeffaustin90

Well really the men didn't. They were just following an even bigger idiot, Colton. OK idiot isn't the right word, because he probably is smart. Let's call him a drama queen who used the game to further his personal agendas/grudges against people because he knows how to be convincing. The men, I would call idiots. But Colton I don't really put in the same group as the other guys. He put himself in his own group.

But I'll stop talking about him now, because he's not worth being talked about.
jeffaustin90 is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 2012-04-05, 11:36 AM   #69
NB Josh
Veteran

I think Kim is worthy of winning after last night. I somehow doubt she will make it to the final 3 though.
Old 2012-04-05, 06:23 PM   #70
Danster

I am hoping Kim will win. She's a better player than certain members. I don't like Alecia.
Old 2012-04-05, 06:26 PM   #71
PFD

I don't see why Kim can't make it that far. She's in a pretty strong alliance and seems to have the brains in the outfit, wheras that other girl, boob job, seems to make many mistakes--like making Jay suspicious. It all comes down to whether they're able to see the threat in Kim early enough to take her down. Right now they're too busy taking out the men. And then we imagine Alissa and Catherine gone, so she could at the very least make final 4...I actually thought she's winner material from day one.
Old 2012-04-06, 12:06 AM   #72
NB Josh
Veteran

I think the men see Kim as a threat now. I think Troy and Jay will try to get a couple women to flip this week. There are 10 people left (6 girls, 4 guys), all they need is for one girl to flip and then it all comes down to luck. If Alicia and Christina were playing the game at all, they'd realize they are not really in the Kat/Sabrina/Kim/Chelsea alliance. Not to mention they'd have a better shot against Leif or Tarzan than any of those 4.
Old 2012-04-12, 10:13 AM   #73
james99

No surprise last night. Mr. Male Model was way too trusting. Let's hope for a catfight so the next few weeks are so predictable.
Old 2012-04-12, 11:52 AM   #74
NB Josh
Veteran

I don't know who was more stupid, Jay for telling them Troy had the idol (which would just send votes his way) or Tarzan for voting for Jay. This was the week where the guys and the weak players could combine to get rid of Kim or someone and nobody except Troy had the guts to do it.
Old 2012-04-26, 01:51 PM   #75
james99

Another predictable tribal. At least he put some thoughts into their heads.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.