New Fido data plan - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Rogers Communications > Rogers, Fido and Chatr Wireless

Old 2012-04-06, 01:59 PM   #1
downbeat

Default New Fido data plan

Looking at Fido's mobile Internet offers here:
http://www.fido.ca/web/content/inter..._email_options
There appears to be a new category in the very bottom row. It's 2 GB of data for $25/month, with additional 1 GB slices of overage bandwidth for $5. Only available to those NOT on a contract.
Not as good as the 6 GB @ 30$/month promo rate of course, but still better than the plan on the previous row of that chart.
If this plan is still available in a couple of years, I'll consider switching when my contract expires. I pay the same amount of money right now for only one quarter of the bandwidth, with additional 500 MB slices @ $5.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-04-06, 04:47 PM   #2
Paolo
Veteran

The good news is if your not in a Data contract but have a voice contract you can still get this plan. but if you recently renewed your DATA contract, then your out of luck, u might as well wait, or see if they can give u the $30 6G which requires a 3 year data contract. the good news about data contracts is they dont stack like voice do
Old 2012-04-10, 02:33 PM   #3
Arthur Dent
Veteran

I don't think they stack anything. I recently renewed a contract 6 months before its expiry and the new contract ends up 3 years from the renewal date, both voice and data. Same thing as the couple of times before that.
I think all this "stacking" practice I keep hearing about is just customer service errors. I had to call and make them verify and fix multiple things on every renewal (not related to the contract term), so I wouldn't be surprised if they messed up the dates as well with other customers, who never called to complain.
Old 2012-04-10, 02:40 PM   #4
cooper83
Veteran

Arthur, it's well known in the industry that Fido is the only provider who stacks voice contracts. Trust me, I found out the hard way the first time I renewed early. Been with them since 2004.
Old 2012-04-10, 03:38 PM   #5
Arthur Dent
Veteran

Then what, they did not stack my last 3 contracts by mistake then?
P.S. I have to say that the only contract that I certainly renewed without stacking was very recently, it was also the first 3-year contract I had with them. Before that I had multiple renewals, most of them were on one or two year terms, so I might not remember precisely the dates, nor did I care at the time. Member since 2000.
Old 2012-04-10, 05:44 PM   #6
cooper83
Veteran

Have you ever renewed early?
Google "Fido stacking contracts" and you'll quickly see it was either a mistake or you got lucky.
Old 2012-04-10, 06:54 PM   #7
Paolo
Veteran

I did not intend this to turn into an arguement about fido stacked this persons voice contract but not this persons voice contract. The point is, a lot of people get their contracts stacked, this is publically known. there have been certain times when iphone lauch of certain plan/promotions or some retention plans that do not do the stacking, but it is completely irrelivant to this discussion and we should not discuss it, as this thread is about data terms, which is different than your voice term.

The new fido data plan is available for people who are NOT under a data contract at all. you can still get the fido data plan, but would be subject to the data early cancellation fee for breaking your data contract and going on a month to month data plan. hope this helps.
Old 2012-04-19, 07:27 PM   #8
dawson12
Rookie

i just renewed my contract 7mths early to upgrade to an iphone4s from a bberry.

i was upgraded at no additional charge.

first month free....$70 off
3mths unlimited data
3mths unlimited local calls
50min upgrade to 400 mins a mth
6gb from 2gb

all includes call display,answer,who called,waiting.

all in $80 a mth for service,first bill with the iphone and the $25 upgrade fee after my fido rewards is $126.00