MTS Services in Elie Mb. - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > MTS

Old 2012-04-03, 11:16 PM   #1
wstock

Default MTS Services in Elie Mb.

I am going to be moving from Winnipeg to Elie MB. shortly and I was wondering if anybody had any experiences with MTS services there. Do the have TV service? How is the internet? What's the quality of their services there?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-04-04, 12:24 AM   #2
Macman

As far as I know, and according to their website, neither Classic or Ultimate is available in Elie. We have friends who live there, and they had some terrestrial satellite provider but i think they went under? I think the only option is the competition or satellite.

I'm confident that MTS offers ADSL internet out there. Who knows, maybe they will get FiON in the near future. I forget if Dr. Dave's links sad anything about Elie.
Old 2012-04-04, 12:30 AM   #3
Dr.Dave

I checked the MTS web site and Elie doesn't seem to have TV:

http://www.mts.ca/mts/personal/tv/change+my+location

You can put in your new street address to see what Internet speeds are available, but it doesn't look promising.

My guess is that Elie is too small to be part of MTS' 20-community FTTH roll-out.
Old 2012-04-05, 12:38 AM   #4
Macman

It's probably a safe assumption Elie has Lightning internet ("up to" 7 Mbps.) Key words being "up to."

I remember doing modem swaps in other small towns and some customers were so far from the source, the modem could only sync at 3 Mbps. Just the nature of the technology...
Old 2012-04-08, 12:52 PM   #5
wstock

Thanks for the replies, that's kind of what I figured. Oh well, the "competition" seems to offer decent internet packages and their 100mbit and 250mbit services are available out there. MTS has DSL plans available, but they want $50+ per month for their "reach" 7mbit service...umm...no thanks.

Guess it's time to leave MTS...it's too bad, i liked their "Ultimate TV Service" and Bolt internet.

I'm using this as an opportunity to "cut the cord." Gonna get an antenna for OTA, a big fat internet connection, and all the streaming i can muster and see what happens.

Cheers!