Fibe TV GTA Rollout Schedule - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Bell Canada Enterprises (BCE) > Bell Fibe TV

Digital Home Helpful Information

Old 2012-02-29, 06:16 PM   #31
scooter62

Any news on this ?

I heard from a reliable source that they were working on upgrading the Hamilton Mountain in preparation for Fibe TV. When is it coming ?

Scooter62
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-03-03, 09:15 PM   #32
SMCKINNON24

Fibe Tv is going to be launching in Scarborough area - Markham Rd/ Chestermere/Blakemannor/Peking and area to Fibe Tv next month - source Bell Canada website
Old 2012-03-08, 10:09 AM   #33
momomedia
Rookie

Default Fibe TV available in Burlington

North Burlington, Dundas St. Getting mine installed on Sunday.
Old 2012-03-08, 10:40 AM   #34
scooter62

Momomedia:

How did you find out about the availability ? Did you confirm it on the web site ?

Scooter62
Old 2012-03-09, 10:43 AM   #35
momomedia
Rookie

Yes, with my phone number, the postal code says it's unavailable. Wierd.
Old 2012-03-09, 01:42 PM   #36
scooter62

Momomedia:

Thanks for the response.
Hmmm...interesting !

Obviously some inconsistencies on that page; just checked my phone number which says it is not available; my address says coming soon !

Scooter62
Old 2012-03-13, 08:26 PM   #37
DiverRick
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveharr View Post
I'm installed in Ajax (Audley Road South, south of Bayly) with no problems.
I've been up and running also in Ajax for almost a month now, so far no problems and loving it. (Harwood Av & Dreyer Dr area)

I signed up for the "Call me when available on your street" on the Bell site and they did indeed start harassing me the second it became available, scheduled and installed within one day!
Old 2012-04-02, 09:25 PM   #38
1knight

I end up calling the fibe Sales office was told they where limted spots right now and where soild out in Burlington.

however They add to a list and told they maybe able to install Next Monday my home in the Guelph line and lakeshore area.

I went with Basic Internet and new DSL Service and mid range package..

so I'll have two DSL Sevices one for Fibe and one Bussness Internet cause I need Internet with no cap.
Old 2012-04-05, 09:21 AM   #39
flaminghomer

A couple of weeks ago, I went to my local (Aurora) Bell store and signed up for Bell TV. Took the two-year contract to get free installation. The CSR said she was hoping Fibe would be here sometime this summer, and there would be no penalty to switch. The Fibe TV availability site just says "within a year" for my phone number. I don't have it, but Fibe 25 has been available here since last year (still grandfathered on unlimited 5 down/1 up DSL).

FWIW, I haven't seen any work going on at the nearby Bell station, node, CO, whatever it's called.
Old 2012-04-05, 10:34 AM   #40
Gogie

East Oakville (near the Ford Plant) - installation scheduled for April 9.
Old 2012-04-07, 12:42 AM   #41
cipher

Location: Oakville, Bell Fibe, Panny 65VT50, Panny 50PS64, Emotiva UMC-1, Oppo BDP-93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogie View Post
East Oakville (near the Ford Plant) - installation scheduled for April 9.
Hi Gogie, is this install planned for south of the plant? I live in Clearview (Eastside of the plant) and we have Fibe today.
Old 2012-04-07, 08:18 AM   #42
Gogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post
Hi Gogie, is this install planned for south of the plant? I live in Clearview (Eastside of the plant) and we have Fibe today.
Planned for your neighbourhood - I'm obviously just around the corner from you (in Clearview as well). I'm moving from Shaw Direct to Fibe. What's the PQ like on Fibe? I've always been completely satisfied with SD as far as that goes. However, Fibe has significantly more HD channels and the "whole home" PVR with far more storage capacity is attractive as well. Hopefully I'm not making a mistake by switching. :-)
Old 2012-04-07, 11:24 PM   #43
cipher

Location: Oakville, Bell Fibe, Panny 65VT50, Panny 50PS64, Emotiva UMC-1, Oppo BDP-93

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I meant we, in the sense that Clearview currently has Fibe today. I've been checking their availablity page for the past 6 months and our number just came up 1-2 months ago so I'm asusming most, if not all, in this area have access to this service. Now that I've re-read your post I think you're saying your home has it planned for install rather than the area is getting it on April 9.

We're planning to switch over from Cogeco as soon as I'm finished with some work in the house. I'm very interested to hear about your experience with this service as I've heard some great things about FibeTV.

Last edited by Dr.Dave; 2012-04-08 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Unnecessary quote removed. Please don't quote the immediately preceeding post.
Old 2012-04-16, 11:58 AM   #44
scooter62

Default Bell Fibe TV Available In Hamilton

Well, I checked last night the availability page and it said it could not determine if it was available based on my address; I thought hmmm....last time this happened it was because they were updating the page to say available in 6 months...from previously showing 1 year...so I thought...are we going to see another nice change ??!!

Sure enough it was...because when I checked this morning it said it was available for my Hamilton Mountain address; woo-hoo !!

Called the number and ordered Bell Fibe TV and Fibe 16+ internet
Install is scheduled for this Friday.

Switching from Bell Satellite TV...hope this was a good switch !
Well...at least now, I will be able to get my Portuguese Channels !!

Scooter62
Old 2012-04-17, 10:00 AM   #45
Dr.Dave

Just a reminder that this thread is about the GTA rollout. There are other threads to discuss new channels, programming and packages, or your Observations and Experience on FibeTV. We welcome your contributions, but please try to post in the appropriate threads.

Edit: The discussion on Portuguese packages was moved to the programming packages and pricing thread.

Tags
fibe tv, fibetv, gta, york region