Rogers Atlantic 2012 New Channels Discussion - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Rogers Communications > Rogers Cable - Atlantic Canada

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-24, 12:18 PM   #1

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Panasonic TCP65S1, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 8300-eHDD
Default Rogers Atlantic 2012 New Channels Discussion

New channels always generate a lot of discussion so this thread is for discussing new channels in 2012.

You're welcome to speculate and discuss new channels coming to Rogers Cable in Atlantic Canada in 2012 but PLEASE unless it's been confirmed by an official press release, be clear about what is speculation and what is fact.

A post saying "a CSR said it was coming" is NOT official, however, it does put it in the "highly" likely category.

If its posted on the CRTC site that its been approved by the CRTC but Rogers Cable has not said anything, I would consider that in the "not very likely at this time" category.
Advertisement

Old 2012-02-23, 01:35 PM   #2
winterwolf

Default TVA Sports on channel 658

Hi,

To sports fan, TVA Sports is now available on channel 658.

I can watch it with Digital Basic, not sure if it's a free preview or permanent.
Old 2012-02-23, 03:44 PM   #3
kirjtc2

656 in Fredericton.

Hope it's made available in HD, especially if the Nordiques come back.
Old 2012-02-24, 07:13 PM   #4
lacadien72
Rookie

658 in Bathurst area. Thanks Rogers! Next is RDS2! Come on Rogers, you can do it!
Old 2012-03-21, 10:16 AM   #5
woodsie

I see by how dead this forum is lately that Rogers seems to have slowed any further efforts to provide any new HD channels.

I was speaking with an old high school buddy who is a Rogers tech here in my area of NB and he tells me they struggle endlessly with bandwidth constraints due to the out dated legacy infrastructure here and in the rest of the province and they're adding home monitoring now etc.. He tells me that it'll take a lot more investment $s from the big boys in Ontario to get all this old Fundy Cable infrastructure replaced and there's no sign of that anytime soon.

In other words, don't hold your breath NB and NFLD... Sadly..

Personally, I'd be happy w/AMC HD. Maybe when OWN HD dies they'll get license for it and provide it..
Old 2012-03-22, 08:28 PM   #6
Tridus

A lot of the quiet here is that most of the former regulars have switched to FibreOp (which got AMC HD today). But yeah, lack of activity isn't helping. They might just be content to milk the market as much as they can rather then invest the money required to compete with Aliant.
Old 2012-03-23, 08:55 PM   #7
Danster

Aside from a few hiccups from FibreOp, the internet speed with no caps is a bonus.

When I finally switched from ROGERS, that very same day, they added the movie channels I had so much begged for. It was too late. They had broken my heart too many times. Honeymoon was over.

It is a shame ROGERS doesn't do much for the Atlantic area. I guess our money isn't good enough.
Old 2012-04-30, 01:46 PM   #8
winterwolf

CNNi (CNN International) is available on channel 178.

In my area it says Temporary Off Air, but I guest they will fix it soon, also wondering in what package it belong to, CNN is with Digital Plus.
Old 2012-04-30, 09:02 PM   #9
woodsie

The channel is available here in Miramichi but my sub doesn't have it and I have the "News" package w/FoxNews etc. Hard to say what package it is in..
Old 2012-05-01, 02:55 PM   #10
winterwolf

I notice yesterday night that CNN International is not the IPG yet, I'm guessing that they are still testing it and/or waiting to be officially release or something.
Old 2012-05-11, 09:46 PM   #11
lacadien72
Rookie

Default CNN International

CNN International is available in the Bathurst region, on 178, and is now showing in the IPG
Old 2012-05-12, 01:31 PM   #12
winterwolf

I notice it to, I've been watching it for 3-4 days now. Someone on an other thread says that it's in free preview until August 31st.
Old 2012-06-05, 06:17 PM   #13
TrueNorth
Rookie

Default AMC HD!

So it's avalable on Bell Fibre-op huh? Okay that just about does it. AMC has great shows, the best on TV Breaking Bad is coming back in July and that show just has to be seen in HD.

I don't think Rogers has AMC HD anywhere in Canada, so it must be a licencing thing, but still they should be able to work it out. C'mon Rogers!
Old 2012-06-05, 06:37 PM   #14
thenewdc
Veteran

Every other provider has AMC-HD except Rogers and I don't have a clue as to why??
Old 2012-06-06, 07:01 PM   #15
woodsie

Shaw owns the rights to AMC Canada. Who knows, maybe Shaw is holding it up as long as humany possible to maintain a competative edge. They've obviously are having issues w/Rogers.

The bigger issue we have here in NB/NL is the overall lack of interest Rogers has in investing in ANY further infrastructure to accomodate more HD channels period. If ON gets AMC HD, we likely won't see it in NB/NL for a long time anyhow considering they could give a rats a$$ about us Atl customers.

I stay with Rogers for 2 reasons only:

1. What HD channels they have, they have the best PQ compared to Sat and FibreOP.
2. 35% discount contract.

If any of the above 2 change for the worse before they improve their HD offering, I am gone. I am waiting for FibreOP mature more as it seems they have a way to go still w/channels, PQ and audio.
Closed Thread