Fibe TV 2012 programming packages and pricing discussion - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Bell Canada Enterprises (BCE) > Bell Fibe TV

Digital Home Helpful Information

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-23, 06:54 AM   #16
FlameMoth
Rookie

I know it's been said before but I cannot believe the price difference between Quebec and Ontario. For the TV package I get in Quebec for $42, I'd have to pay $75 in Ontario. How can they get away with this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-02-27, 09:44 AM   #17
Cardiac
Rookie

In response to deadtorights' question in another thread, I live in Lasalle and these are the bundles that show up on Bell's website:

Good - $59
TV - Basic Programming
Internet - up to 2 mbps transfer, 5GB cap
Phone - Truly unlimited provincial calling
After six months, price goes up to $77

Better - $103
TV - Basic Programming + 15 à la carte
Internet - up to 16 mbps transfer, 80GB cap
Phone - Truly unlimited provincial calling + 5 features
After six months, price goes up to $133

Best - $117
TV - Basic Programming + 30 à la carte + 1 premium movie pack
Internet - up to 16 mbps transfer, 80GB cap
Phone - Truly unlimited provincial calling + 5 features
After six months, price goes up to $154

Legal stuff
Current as of February 19, 2012. Available to new residential customers in select dwellings Québec, where access and technology permit. Subject to change without notice; not combinable with other offers.
Old 2012-02-27, 09:59 AM   #18
Dr.Dave

Are those the prices for Fibe TV or Satellite?

I can't find that info on fibetv.bell.ca.
Old 2012-02-27, 10:21 AM   #19
WestAust

The bundles advertised are for Satellite TV not FibeTV
Old 2012-02-27, 10:55 AM   #20
Cardiac
Rookie

I went to https://bundles.bell.ca/

If you click on offer details at the bottom, it clearly says Fibe TV in the first paragraph:
https://bundles.bell.ca/en/legal/
Old 2012-04-01, 07:23 PM   #21
WIll_TO

I really hope that they DON'T make me change to the new packages anytime soon. I'm in the situation where for what I actually watch, it would cost me an additional $30 a month or so.

Right now I just have the Basic (the old 'Starter') and I pay an extra $25 for TMN (including AMC and HBO)

All I watch: Network TV, AMC, HBO.

For me, removing AMC from the premium movies pack actually means that for what I want to watch, I'd have to take everything else in the 'Better' package (that I don't want) just to get AMC.

I wonder if we're grandfathered 'indefinitely'
Old 2012-04-01, 11:33 PM   #22
pmcd

I am in the same boat with respect to having just the Basic and TMN add-on. You don't seem to even be able to add a channel anymore ( they then seem to force you to move to the new package). I wanted to drop TMN for a while since we seem to watch Netflix more, but I suspect they wouldn't let me add it back if I changed my mind later down the road.

The Better package is quite a bit more than what we pay for Basic ( without time shifting). It's not outrageous but we wouldn't watch 90% of the channels.

Perhaps it's time to look into an antenna. No-one seems to provide that service in Toronto. Moreover an antenna with 2 TV's is not obvious in terms of wiring.

philip
Old 2012-04-02, 12:47 AM   #23
WIll_TO

Using an antenna can be quite effective and you shouldn't have too many troubles with 2 TV's... but that's really just network TV. I need my AMC (Mad Men) and HBO (Real Time, Curb, specials, etc...) I know I could download these shows; but I don't want to go through the trouble.

Having just basic and the premium channels is a perfect fit for me - I just have no patience for most of the 'speciality' channels.

Anyway, I'll hold on to my current set up as long as they let me. If they ever try to force me to adopt the new packages, I'll probably just give up AMC and download Mad Men. I'm not really a fan of anything else on AMC (since they cancelled Rubicon)
Old 2012-04-04, 08:59 AM   #24
TM2-Megatron
Rookie

I got the current "Better" Bundle listed on Bell (Ontario's) site; the Better Fibe TV package, Fibe 16+ internet, and some home phone thing that I'll likely use once a month, as I haven't been a big landline user in a long time.

I looked at adding the package that includes HBO onto the TV, but honestly? Another $20.50/month, or $246/year. How many HBO shows could you buy on Blu-Ray for $246 or less? Even with Canada's inflated Blu-Ray prices, shows like Mad Men or the recently released Season 1 set of Game of Thrones on the format are relatively inexpensive. There are maybe 2 or 3 HBO shows per year that I'm interested in, so ultimately I can buy them on Blu-Ray each year (thus owning them forever in higher-quality than any existing television service can provide) for much less than I'd pay for HBO in a full 12 months.

If I end up getting any more channels, personally I'd rather just move to the "Best" TV package and get BBC Canada, the channels that play retro shows, and the 'More Movies' theme pack. I'm willing to bet I'd find the 'More Movies' pack a better value, on the whole, than all of TMN.

Last edited by TM2-Megatron; 2012-04-04 at 09:17 AM.
Old 2012-04-05, 02:43 PM   #25
chuck_3000
Rookie

Default Question

I'm hoping someone can answer this question - I've gotten conflicting information from the website, the installation technician and the help centre technician:

When subscribing to an a-la-carte programming bundle (Quebec), can you select TSN/TSN HD without having to subscribe to the corresponsing HD theme-pack? Further, does subcribing to an HD theme pack mean that to get the channels within I also have to choose the channel as part of my a-la-carte selections?

Like I said, three different answers from three different sources.
Old 2012-04-05, 07:02 PM   #26
WIll_TO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM2-Megatron View Post
I got the current "Better" Bundle listed on Bell (Ontario's) site; the Better Fibe TV package, Fibe 16+ internet, and some home phone thing that I'll likely use once a month, as I haven't been a big landline user in a long time.

I looked at adding the package that includes HBO onto the TV, but honestly? Another $20.50/month, or $246/year. How many HBO shows could you buy on Blu-Ray for $246 or less? Even with Canada's inflated Blu-Ray prices, shows like Mad Men or the recently released Season 1 set of Game of Thrones on the format are relatively inexpensive. There are maybe 2 or 3 HBO shows per year that I'm interested in, so ultimately I can buy them on Blu-Ray each year (thus owning them forever in higher-quality than any existing television service can provide) for much less than I'd pay for HBO in a full 12 months.

If I end up getting any more channels, personally I'd rather just move to the "Best" TV package and get BBC Canada, the channels that play retro shows, and the 'More Movies' theme pack. I'm willing to bet I'd find the 'More Movies' pack a better value, on the whole, than all of TMN.
Yeah, really depends on preference. I just don't like waiting on shows to come out on discs. By that argument I may just as well cancel my whole TV service and with the money I would save I could get all the network shows I watch on disc too. Not saying it's a bad idea - just that some people like watching stuff when it first airs, others don't mind waiting a few months to own it.
Old 2012-04-06, 12:11 PM   #27
FlameMoth
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck_3000 View Post
I'm hoping someone can answer this question - I've gotten conflicting information from the website, the installation technician and the help centre technician:

When subscribing to an a-la-carte programming bundle (Quebec), can you select TSN/TSN HD without having to subscribe to the corresponsing HD theme-pack? Further, does subcribing to an HD theme pack mean that to get the channels within I also have to choose the channel as part of my a-la-carte selections?

Like I said, three different answers from three different sources.
The official program guide flyer is correct. In most cases, you can order the HD pack without ordering the corresponding SD channels in your a-la-carte, with the exception of the HD Sports package of TSN, TSN2 and NBA TV. These channels, for some reason, need the corresponding SD channels in order to function in HD. I've tested this by removing the SD channels, and the HD channels stopped working, but not so with the other HD packs.
Old 2012-04-09, 04:52 PM   #28
barrette70
Rookie

Default Time-Shifting Pack Feed

Hi guys,

If i live in Eastern Canada and take the Time-Shifting Pack with Bell Fibe TV will I always get the American Feed of ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox?

Let's say i am watching CSI on CBS Seatle and at the same time it plays on CTV Vancouver. Will I get the feed from CTV or CBS?

Thanks.

Pascal
Old 2012-04-09, 06:40 PM   #29
betterthancable

If it's playing on CTV then you'll watch CTV
Old 2012-04-12, 11:10 AM   #30
nelinjo
Rookie

Question about pricing please.
I am Montreal based.I have bundle 3 services(Fibe 16(TV+net) & phone basic). 1 HDPVR.
Currently i am paying:
1)TV->52,28$ (71,86-27,06 reb)=45,47+tax
2)Net Fibe16->74,68$ (64,95 + 40Gb(credited) DL + tax
3)Phone basic->30$ (25+tax)

I think the internet fees are very wrong. They should be 56,95+tax.
And why basic phone is 25$ ???
If somebody from QC can pull up their one-bill for comparison it would be nice.
Thanks.

Last edited by 57; 2012-04-12 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Language
Closed Thread