Rage - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Entertainment > Video Game Consoles and PC Gaming

Old 2011-10-08, 07:29 AM   #1
QuickSilver

Default Rage

Anyone playing this game from ID software? I picked it up on launch day from FS for 49 plus they gave you a 10.00 gift card. I read a few reviews and they seem fairly mixed but thought to myself that I need a good single player game to tide me over until uncharted 3 hits in November.

I should preface this by saying I am not a huge RPG fan by any means. I enjoy some aspects of those games but I seem to grow tired of the constant inventory management along with all the other factors you usually have to keep aware of when playing those types of games. Rage is the perfect game for me in this respect. It gives just enough of that type of game to not bother me and just the right amount of RPG to keep me interested.

The gunplay is typical ID in that it is very good. Weapons feel great for shooting and I can CARRY all my weapons and use them when I need to. This game really takes me back to some of the old school games that I grew up with. It has a huge Borderlands feel to it without the cell shading and the graphics are probably the best I have ever seen on any console game of this type (FPS).

The game is no where perfect and has some annoying features but for a gamer like me that needed a good SP game to fill the void after finishing Gears of War 3 SP this is a pleasant surprise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-02-14, 06:01 PM   #2
tjl

Just finished Rage last night. Overall it was pretty fun. It got a bit repetitive towards the end, however this is to be expected out of a game that runs 20 hours. That's right, I got 20 hours out of the single player! I can't remember the last time I got that much play time out of a game. I did take my time, and explored everything. Likely could have cut it down by 5 hours if I'd have rushed. I didn't complete all the racing events either. It was a pretty decent shooter. The difficulty ramped up nicely, to keep it challenging.

It had minimal RPG features, which is fine with me as that's not my cup of tea.

The only downside is that it just kind of ended. The story had a very short wrap up, after spending that much time playing.

Still worth the $30 I paid.