High Speed Internet Smackdown: Rogers vs Teksavvy - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Digital Industry Forums > Internet, Landline and Wireless Phone

Digital Home Helpful Information

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2011-07-24, 07:10 PM   #35
Omis

Quote:
The article under discussion is not about Netflix. It's not about OTA. It's not about Voip. It's not about various other providers that may be less expensive than either of the providers in the article. I don't disagree with many of the comments about other providers, however, the article in question is about Teksavvy vs. Rogers internet and all the people who mention other providers or "what they do" are simply off-topic.
You actually forgot to underline one very important part. It should actually be:
The article under discussion is not about Netflix. It's not about OTA. It's not about Voip. It's not about various other providers that may be less expensive than either of the providers in the article. I don't disagree with many of the comments about other providers, however, the article in question is about Teksavvy vs. Rogers internet and all the people who mention other providers or "what they do" are simply off-topic.

See the difference? To suggest the article is somehow inaccurate because it doesn't take into account bundling is ridiculous. It's comparing one service to another. That's it. I could also say the article doesn't take into account that, with teksavvy, you get get a dollar off your bill every time you refer someone to them.

The fact is even when I was on the rogers bundle I was paying $10 more than I am now. Not a huge difference, but when you compare it to what I am getting now for my money, it's huge. To me it's silly to do the annual haggle for discounts with Rogers, when I can get more for less with some other company.

Tags
high speed internet, ontario, rogers, teksavvy