Acer to launch Iconia Tab A500 Android tablet PC - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Consumer Electronics and Home Computing > Smartphone and Tablet Computing including Android, Blackberry and iOS devices

Digital Home Helpful Information

Old 2011-03-28, 12:46 PM   #1
hugh
Member #1

Default Acer to launch Iconia Tab A500 Android tablet PC

Acer says it plans to launch it Honeycomb powered Android tablet, the Iconia Tab A500 in late April. The tablet will feature a 10.1 inch screen with seven-inch and five-inch models coming out later in the year. Other features include 2GB of RAM, 16 or 32GB of flsha memory, front and rear facing cameras and Wifi.

story
Advertisement

Old 2011-03-28, 01:18 PM   #2
hugh
Member #1

These were first announced last November and were supposed to be here in February.

Presumably Honeycomb was the reason for delay but don't know for sure.
Old 2011-03-31, 11:25 AM   #3
Veee

Is this the same as their Eee Pad Transformer Tablet that's set too launch in April? It too has a 10.1" screen and Honeycomb but 1GB of RAM. Supposedly the Eee Pad will be priced at $400 according to Best Buy USA.

Edit. Whoops It looks like I confused Acer with Asus.
Old 2011-03-31, 08:37 PM   #4
hdtvi

Acer also plans to release the w500 at the same time. Windows on a tablet for about the same price.

I can't seem to find very much information regarding any type of customization that Acer is planning for either the a500 or w500.

April 8th is the announced release date for the UK and Europe.

Tags
acer, android, honeycomb, iconia, tablet