Onkyo ships 3D-Ready Home Theatre in a Box Systems - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Consumer Electronics and Home Computing > Home Theatre Corner

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2010-07-15, 03:55 PM   #1
hugh
Member #1

Default Onkyo ships 3D-Ready Home Theatre in a Box Systems

Onkyo has recently begun shipping the Onkyo HT-S6300 and HT-S7300 3D ready Home Theatre in a Box (HTIB) systems.

Features of both systems include four HDMI-1.4a inputs, support for 1080p video upscaling, lossless Dolby & DTS high definition audio, Dolby height processing, and Audyssey automatic room equalization.

The HT-S6300 and HT-S7300 systems include an audio-video receiver with seven 130-watt, 6-ohm power amplifiers, a 290-watt subwoofer, seven loudspeakers (Centre x 1, Front x 2, surround x 2 and back surround x 2), Audyssey calibration microphone, and an outboard dock for iPod/iPhone. Dolby ProLogic IIz height channel processing allows the back surround speakers to be re-tasked as front height speakers.

Another notable feature in both systems is Onkyo's HDMI Thru feature, which provides automatic HDMI switching when the receiver is in the standby mode, and allows viewers to watch programs using the TV's built-in speakers without having to turn on the AV receiver.

The primary difference between the two systems is that the HT-S7300 features a pair of black, 41-inch tall floor-standing speakers, each with dual, vertically arrayed woofers. The center channel uses the same drivers as the stereo speakers to ensure timbre consistency. Four compact surround speakers can be used for the side, back, or height channels. The HT-S6300 speaker system consists of six, 1-foot-tall bookshelf speakers and horizontal center speaker. All seven speakers use the same 4-inch, two-way driver compliment for a consistent surround-soundstage.

The Onkyo HT-S6300 and HT-S7300 are now available for $749 and $899 U.S. respectively.

Tags
htib, onkyo