New Customer Questions - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Bell Canada Enterprises (BCE) > Bell Satellite TV PVR, HD PVR and HD Receivers

Old 2012-06-07, 08:50 PM   #1
oldschool1

Default New Customer Questions

maybe will get bell so...

whats the difference between "better" and "best", what channels are included in the best, and can u pick specific channels only, cant find this info on there home site

and can i record with the 6131, i know i won't be able to pause and record 2 shows, but can i record hd programming, and if so what type of hard drive will i need
oldschool1 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2012-06-07, 09:26 PM   #2
waterug

The "best" package contains all the "standard" channels. Certain French channels would be a separate package as would the movie channels and the premiuum sports packages. There are fewer channels in the "better" package, but there are some extra channels you can choose, but you might be better off getting the "best" package. I'm sure this info is somewhere on their web site because I used it to choose my programming. I actually saved money choosing "best" and getting way more channels than I had before (not that I look at them anyway!) For example, I believe you can now get the superstations without subscribing to the movie channels like you had to before.
As for the 6131, it is not a PVR. You cannot record on it but if you have a DVD recorder, you could hook it up to the 6131 and record, but it won't be HD. The only other way you can record is to get the 9241 PVR. If you can get the 9242 that would be better still as it has two tuners.
Hope all this helps! Bell's web site is a little clunky getting around, but if you use the "search" button, or just browse around, you'll find what you're looking for.
waterug is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2012-06-07, 09:55 PM   #3
oldschool1

im sorry but cant find info on the site like "pick n play
channels and such

i want a few channels like ifc, but i only want the 2nd best package then maybe 2 or 3 more channekls
Old 2012-06-07, 10:22 PM   #4
oldschool1

also i heard you can record from 6131, can someone respong who actually knows what there talking about, no disrespect just saying
Old 2012-06-07, 10:26 PM   #5
VuMax

Yes, you can record with a 6131 by adding an external hard drive. See this thread:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=100773
VuMax is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2012-06-07, 11:49 PM   #6
oldschool1

but can u record hd content and retain highdef quality

like does it work just like the 9241 pvr minus the pause live and 2 shows at once options

also can u picknplay channel as well, and what channels if not all

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.