Need info to connect the pvr to my PC - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Bell Canada Enterprises (BCE) > Bell Fibe TV

Digital Home Helpful Information

Old 2012-03-08, 08:15 PM   #1
frankmar

Default Need info to connect the pvr to my PC

I have a 23" monitor with my pc, is there any USB adaptor to connect my PVR to my PC USB so I can watch tv.

I don't want to get a second tv but would like to watch some tv on the monitor. Can some of these adaptors display HD. Please let me know if there are any and what it may cost. thanks
Old 2012-03-08, 09:17 PM   #2
secotton

What model monitor do you have on your PC?

I know the monitor I have has a VGA, DVI and HDMI input. With this, I can use a standard HDMI cable. If you don't have an HDMI equipped monitor, but has DVI, you MAY be able to get an HDMI to DVI adapter. I say MAY because depending on the type of DVI connector, they don't all accept a digital signal - some DVI ports are analog only.

HTH
Old 2012-03-09, 09:34 AM   #3
Dr.Dave

The only way you can connect your PVR directly to your PC is if you have a TV tuner in your PC. A standard NTSC tuner will give you SD quality. You will need to connect a Hauppauge HD PVR to the component outputs if you want HD quality.

You can connect an HDCP-compliant monitor as secotton said. If you don't have an AVR for audio, you can connect a pair of PC speakers to the RCA outputs on the PVR using an "RCA to mini-plug" cable.
Old 2012-03-09, 07:36 PM   #4
frankmar

I have an LG Monitor, with 3 entries, my pc video card is connected to the Monitor via DVI cable and MY HDMI entry is free. So I can connect the output of the Bell box Hdmi to the monitor hDMI directly. thanks
Old 2012-03-14, 03:38 PM   #5
smlunatick

I've connect HDMI out to my Panasonic HDMI in port. It will should work but you would still need to somehow get the sound to your speakers. Sound is also on the HDMI.