Bell Media second only to Google in serving up videos to Canadians - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Entertainment > On the Web

Old 2012-01-16, 09:48 AM   #1
hugh
Member #1

Default Bell Media second only to Google in serving up videos to Canadians

Bell Media, whose websites include CTV, Discovery Channel, Bravo, CP24 and MTV, was one of the biggest properties in the Canadian online landscape in 2011 according to recent research by comScore.

The company was second only to YouTube (Google Sites) in Canada for total Video Views, third in total time spent viewing video, and was fifth overall among all properties online in Canada, following Google, Microsoft, Facebook and Yahoo!

comScore estimates Bell Media delivered over 120 million video views a month to an an average of 3.9 million viewers during 2011. In the September-November timeframe, the number of video's served up was estimated at about 150 million per month, an increase of 124% over the same period in 2010.

The top ten web site properties in Canada in 2011 for serving up Videos according to estimates by comScore were:

1. Google Sites
2. Bell Media
3. VEVO
4. Microsoft Sites
5. FACEBOOK.COM
6. Undertone
7. Viacom Digital
8. SpotXchange Video Ad Marketplace
9. Tremor Video
10. Shaw
Old 2012-01-16, 09:48 AM   #2
hugh
Member #1

Web Traffic

Bell was also the top Canadian web property among Canadian visitors with an average of over 14.5 million unique visitors during the September-November 2011, time frame.

Unique visitors is the estimated number of different individuals that visited any content of a website, a category, a channel, or an application during the reporting period.

Next up among Canadian web properties was Rogers with 8.2 million unique visitors a month, followed by CBC-Radio Canada Sites with 7.6 million and Shaw with 4.4 million.

The top twenty web site properties in Canada in 2011 for all websites according to estimates by comScore were:

1. Google Sites
2. Microsoft Sites
3. Facebook
4. Yahoo! Sites
5. Bell Media
6. Wikimedia Foundation Sites
7. EBay
8. Apple Inc.
9. VEVO
10. Ask Network
11. Yellow Pages Group
12. Amazon Sites