Virgin Mobile billing and business practice - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Bell Canada Enterprises (BCE) > Bell Mobility, Solo and Virgin Mobile

Old 2011-11-08, 09:57 AM   #1
rmchahn

Location: OTtAwa (Byward Market); Sony Bravia KDL46SL140; Mini State HDMS9100
Default Virgin Mobile billing and business practice

I'm with Virgin Mobile and I recently upgraded my plan from 50 mins. for $20/mo to 100 mins. for $25/mo. In addition this upgrade gave me caller ID and voice mail. I thought that was all the changes in my new plan. When I got the latest bill I noticed that my overage minutes went from $0.35 to $0.40/min and I was now being charged $0.15 for every outgoing text whereas before I was able to send up to 50 text messages at no charge.

Of course I called and complained. They said that there was a general increase in the rate for overage minutes back in August and that all existing customers were grandfathered and still charged $0.35 but new customers were being charged $0.40/min. Because I upgraded my plan I was now considered a new customer and now am charged the new higher rate for overages. This part of the change in my plan when I upgraded was not mentioned to me at all by the salesperson.

However, at the time I upgraded there was a promotion going on where new customers got bonus 50 additional minutes for a total of 150 mins. for $25/mo. and evening calls started at 5:00 p.m. instead of the normal 7:00 p.m. Of course, I was not entitled to these promotions at the time because I was an existing customer. What's wrong with this picture? They will be crediting me the difference in overage minutes for the last bill, but from now on I will be charged the higher rate.

As for the outgoing texts, they are saying I no longer have a text plan as I opted to get voice mail. Again this was not explained to me at the time I changed my plan. I thought I was just doubling my minutes with caller id and voice mail for $5 more per month period.

Whenever a plan is altered, they should explain everything that is affected due to the change, not just what the customer wants to hear.

No wonder the public is complaining about their wireless bills.
Old 2011-11-08, 10:08 AM   #2
billpaidJr

yes I had a nice pay as you go deal with Virgin before they were purchased by Bell. Then they put a nice offer on their website that seemed better than my current pay as you go deal...I switched only to find out it was much worse than advertised. I dropped them and switched to someone else. Just the fact that they are now Bell and still using the virgin brand irked me. The illusion of cell competition...sigh.
Old 2011-11-12, 04:36 PM   #3
BGY11
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmchahn View Post
Of course, I was not entitled to these promotions at the time because I was an existing customer. What's wrong with this picture? They will be crediting me the difference in overage minutes for the last bill, but from now on I will be charged the higher rate.
This is a common complaint for cell phones/internet/TV customers. Companies are always offering special promotions to new clients, and leaving their existing customers in the cold. It's very annoying that they'd rather gain as many new customers as possible, yet not take care of their existing customers.