Ford Explorer US Sirius Account - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Entertainment > SiriusXM Satellite Radio

Old 2011-10-11, 10:28 PM   #1
toronto_guy
Rookie

Default Ford Explorer US Sirius Account

I've seen bits and pieces of the information I'm looking for in other threads, but I'm hoping that I can get more detailed information for someone in a similar situation.

I have a 2010 Explorer, with the Ford Sync system built in. It came pre-activated with a free 6 month Sirius Canada trial. I'd like to switch this to a US sub. Can I call Sirius Canada and get them to cancel the account before the end of the six month period?

The reason I ask is that the Sirius US account integrates with the Sync software and provides much more functionality including traffic and weather, etc. I'm headed to Florida soon, and wouldn't mind taking advantage of this.

Otherwise, most of the really cool Sync features are crippled for Canadian Ford owners.

Also, I have an existing US SiriusXM account... although when I tried adding the radio on-line, the site prompted me to create a Sirius radio based account... my previous one was an XM radio.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Old 2011-10-18, 09:17 PM   #2
merve04

sorry to burst your buble but i have a 2010 f150 with the nav package, the traffic and weather option do not work and i do have a US sub..
LG 32LS3400|Telus CIS330