Apple's media event - October 4th?? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Consumer Electronics and Home Computing > Smartphone and Tablet Computing including Android, Blackberry and iOS devices

Digital Home Helpful Information

Old 2011-09-21, 10:16 AM   #1
jshel101
Veteran

Default Apple's media event - October 4th??

Apparently Tim Cook is holding Apple's media event on October 4th to announce the iPhone 5.0. I hope they also announce the IOS 5 release date. Not sure if this is official yet. All Things Digital has reported this.
Old 2011-09-21, 10:29 AM   #2
hugh
Member #1

WSJ pretty credible so I think it will happen.

Analysts believe the phone will be available within a few weeks (maybe sooner) after the announcement.

If iPhone 5 is unveiled Oct. 4, when will it go on sale? has an interesting graphic.
Old 2011-09-21, 12:58 PM   #3
jshel101
Veteran

I hope the new phone will be available in Canada the same time as the US, but i have my doubts. I am going to pick one of these up for my wife.
Old 2011-09-21, 01:06 PM   #4
hugh
Member #1

jshel101, I highly doubt it.

Analysts are saying the demand for iPhone 5 will be huge so my guess is that Apple will stagger the roll out across countries. While shortages cause buzz, Apple doesn't need it anymore so I'm sure they would prefer to keep demand more in line with supply.
Old 2011-09-22, 08:25 AM   #5
tjl

There's two things I want from this. iOS 5 and the iPhone 5 announcement (simply so the iPhone 4 drops in price). I'm in need of a new phone (currently have the original iPhone), plan to buy the iPhone 4, and don't want to get into a contract so I'm buying outright. Does anyone have any experience with how long a new model is out before the old one drops in price?
Old 2011-09-22, 08:49 AM   #6
Larry
Veteran

The iPhone 4 has already dropped in price (a few weeks back). It was $150.. it is now $99. I doubt it will drop much more even after the announcement.. Maybe down to $50 by January/February.