Fibre OP coming to NL this summer - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Bell Canada Enterprises (BCE) > Bell Aliant Home Phone, Internet, IPTV

Old 2011-04-07, 07:42 AM   #1
defeater00
Rookie

Default Fibre OP coming to NL this summer

Bell Aliant's world-class fibre-to-the-home network coming to St. John's
Investing $22 million in FibreOP(TM) TV and Internet services

ST. JOHN'S, April 7 /CNW/ - Bell Aliant today announced an investment of $22 million to bring its world-class fibre-to-the-home network, known as FibreOP(TM), to 60,000 homes and businesses in the St. John's and surrounding area.

The awarding of recent contracts from the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador along with the economics of the region, create a strong business case to bring the FibreOP network to St. John's, one of Bell Aliant's largest and most important markets.

Building on the success of Bell Aliant TV in St. John's, more customers will now have access to FibreOP TV, a 100 per cent digital TV service including High Definition television available on all TVs, and watch and record PVR. Customers can enjoy unmatched digital picture and sound quality on over 200 video channels, including 70 HD channels and 98 music channels.

Customers can pre-register for FibreOP service by visiting the Bell Aliant site
Old 2011-04-21, 09:15 AM   #2
pestul

I've put those one on email alerts for when it arrives. The bundle deal currently posted to FibreOP customers in other locations completely trumps the standard IPTV BellAliant offered in NL. You'd be crazy not to go for 4x the Internet speed of Highspeed Ultra for essentially the same price. I'd love to have 75mb down but in reality its not worth the extra price..

I can finally get rid of Rogers completely. Now if only we had more competition in our market..
Old 2011-05-04, 12:28 PM   #3
chr67

I can't wait! Finally they will light up the strands that have been on the poles for years! I hope they get it done quicker than they expect.
Old 2011-05-05, 07:04 PM   #4
nic78

I was talking to a Bell Aliant tech today in St. John's, he said it will be set up in the Conception Bay South area first by the fall (there is no Bell Aliant TV available there at present), but it won't be available in the Airport Heights area of St. John's until next year, so don't hold your breath.
Old 2011-05-10, 09:23 AM   #5
chr67

Cool

Hmm, the tech I spoke to said it was going to Kilbride first, it was almost ready to turn on now! Go figure more misinformation from Aliant! lol
Old 2011-05-17, 12:35 PM   #6
pestul

Well, as long as I see it in St. John's before my PVR deal expires with Rogers in January I'll be a happy camper. Probably won't though. :P