ESPN Sunday Night Baseball in Canada - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Entertainment > What's On In Sports?

Old 2011-04-01, 09:36 AM   #1
hugh
Member #1

Default ESPN Sunday Night Baseball in Canada

TSN2 has announced it will be carrying ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball beginning this Sunday April 3rd when the L.A. Dodgers hosting the defending World Series champion San Francisco Giants at Dodger Stadium.

Most games begin at at 8 p.m. ET and continue every Sunday, a total of 25 games, throughout the 2011 MLB regular season.

Dan Shulman provides play-by-play commentary for all games and is joined in the booth by former MLB pitcher Orel Hershiser and new analyst Bobby Valentine, who makes his broadcasting debut this season.
Old 2011-04-01, 09:37 AM   #2
hugh
Member #1

ESPN's schedule for April and May is as follows (games at 8PM unless noted):

April
  • Sunday, April 3 - San Francisco @ L.A. Dodgers
  • Sunday, April 10 - N.Y. Yankees @ Boston at 8:30 p.m. ET
  • Sunday, April 17 - Texas @ N.Y. Yankees
  • Sunday, April 24 - Cincinnati @ St. Louis

May
  • Sunday, May 1 - N.Y. Mets @ Philadelphia
  • Sunday, May 8 - Atlanta @ Philadelphia
  • Sunday, May 15 - Boston @ N.Y. Yankees
  • Sunday, May 22 - Chicago Cubs @ Boston
  • Sunday, May 29 - Cincinnati @ Atlanta

Airing in Canada on TSN2

Last edited by hugh; 2011-04-01 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 2011-04-01, 09:51 AM   #3
Dean W

I believe any 8:30 starts are joined in progress because of Raptors basketball immediately before (6 PM start).
Old 2011-04-01, 09:52 AM   #4
mactools

The TSN crawl will make it totally unwatchable. I'll be watching on MLB.TV.
Old 2011-04-01, 12:22 PM   #5
thegman

Seeing as the first game is on TSN2, I assume all the games are on TSN2?

Had my hopes up when OP had tsn listed.
Old 2011-04-01, 12:57 PM   #6
hugh
Member #1

Quote:
I assume all the games are on TSN2?
Yes, I have clarified in my postings.
Old 2012-05-13, 03:34 PM   #7
alebowgm
Veteran

So obviously, TSN2 has the rights for this season again, which is part of the Rogers/Bell deal where TSN2 gets SNB as a constellation for Rogers moving all Blue Jays games to RSN/RSN1. If memory serves, the deal expires at the end of this year.

However, for tonight at least, the game is going to be on RSN, as TSN2 has the finals of the 2012 RBC Cup, and they can't shift it to the main network as they have NHL playoffs.

I wonder if the two networks traded anything for this game, or if Bell just gave the game back to Rogers.
Old 2011-04-01, 12:23 PM   #8
lars

That TSN crawl or bottom line is horrendous. The graphics look like they are still in standard def which makes it look fuzzy on a hd picture. It's also about twice the size of the ESPN 2 ticker which it covers up. All the games are on TSN 2 this year. Hard to watch this broadcast but I suffer through it for the love of the game.