Apple Announcement Nov-16 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Consumer Electronics and Home Computing > Home Computing > Apple Computing

Old 2010-11-15, 02:30 PM   #1
NeilN
Veteran

Default Apple Announcement Nov-16

Any guesses what iTunes announcement Apple is making tomorrow? A good number of international sites (including Canada) are displaying the teaser so I can't see it being about adding a streaming music service due to licensing issues.
Old 2010-11-15, 02:43 PM   #2
jem

Isn't the new version supposed to be released tomorrow, along with the new version iOS? Maybe that's all it is. Or it might be the long-rumoured web-based iTunes.
Old 2010-11-15, 02:59 PM   #3
NeilN
Veteran

New version was released last Friday. iOS 4.2 doesn't really fall under iTunes so I doubt that's it. Web based iTunes might be a possibility but if it only syncs iTunes-purchased music then it's not a big deal for me.
Old 2010-11-15, 03:28 PM   #4
hugh
Member #1

I downloaded latest iTunes today so I'm ready for it. Personally, I'm really hoping for WiFi syncing but that is hardly something earth shattering.

My guess, like most everyone else, is an internet subscription music streaming service. If true, I would be interested as I used to be a subscriber to the Yahoo Music Service.

Quote:
I can't see it being about adding a streaming music service due to licensing issues.
Unless Apple was someone able to negotiate world wide rights from a number of big music companies. Don't know if that is possible but if anyone could, they could.
Old 2010-11-15, 03:45 PM   #5
NeilN
Veteran

I'm hoping for that too (even though I currently use Spotify). Be a miracle if they kept all the negotiations this quiet though.
Old 2010-11-15, 03:55 PM   #6
BGY11
Veteran

Guessing we'll see the introduction of 90 second song previews among other things. I hope that one goes through.
Old 2010-11-15, 06:38 PM   #7
99semaj
Veteran

Default Beatles Runoured to FINALLY join iTunes

(really, seriously this time). From the WSJ.
Quote:
Apple Inc. is preparing to announce that its iTunes Store will soon start carrying music by the Beatles, according to people familiar with the situation, a move that would fill in a glaring gap in the collection of the world's largest music retailer.
The deal resulted from talks that were taking place as recently as last week among executives of Apple, representatives of the Beatles and their record label, EMI Group Ltd,, according to these people. These people cautioned that Apple could change plans at the last minute.

And Apple's website is promising November 16's announcement will be an unforgettable day....

Tags
beatles, itunes