Shaw Direct Complaint and Rant Thread - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Shaw Direct (formerly Star Choice)

Old 2009-08-13, 09:05 AM   #1
hugh
Member #1

Default Shaw Direct Complaint and Rant Thread

This thread is for frustrated members to air their beefs and grievances over Shaw Direct.

If you have a technical problem that needs solving, please check out other threads, as this one is just for rants and complaints.

Please Note:

Although this thread is for rants and complaints, you are still expected to follow the rules of the forum when you post so No swearing, no oversized fonts, images etc.
Old 2009-08-13, 11:39 PM   #2
Gods Son
Rookie

Every time it rains I have signal issues....not impressed...
Old 2009-08-14, 03:18 AM   #3
Cinoche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gods Son View Post
Every time it rains I have signal issues....not impressed...
Did you call to report it?
Old 2009-08-16, 09:23 PM   #4
Sirius Guy

Rain should not effect signal unless it is a downpour which is usually short duration. If it does you need your dish repointed.
Old 2009-08-16, 11:32 PM   #5
cablewithaview

I wish they were more forth coming with info concerning new channels, and launch them in a timely fashion.
Old 2009-08-18, 05:49 PM   #6
Gods Son
Rookie

Yup, I reported it. They sent a guy out to re-point the dish. Last rainstorm it started acting up again but not nearly as bad as the initial instances....
Old 2009-08-18, 07:06 PM   #7
dennism3

Short rant..........$3 increase on $20 package. 15% increase in a bill during a recessionary period! Do I even need satellite TV? Yeah for that interactive weather feature that is hours old!
Old 2009-08-22, 11:00 AM   #8
Vinyl Guy

Default price increases...

Hi: I have to agree, the prices keep going up & up. If it were not for the senior at home, I would disconnect the @#$% thing.
Old 2010-02-21, 12:48 AM   #9
Bent Willi

Is it possible your dish is pointed thru trees????
Old 2010-02-21, 12:17 PM   #10
44fixedit
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bent Willi View Post
Is it possible your dish is pointed thru trees????
Sounds like your a teck for deadnet KA. That system works good in anywhere outside of earths atmosphere.
Old 2009-09-14, 06:55 PM   #11
Doppelganger399

Default Why must I fight Shaw for pre season hockey?

Last year I noticed that Centre Ice subscribers with Bell tv got the Leafs pre season games & when I emailed Shaw Direct they fought me saying Bell tv has never done a pre season game ever finally I emailed the Bell guide & they admitted they were wrong & they started airing them this year shaw is doing it again saying the pre season is not covered by centre ice.Maybe I should just switch to Bell or Eastlink so I can get my hockey.
Old 2009-09-15, 04:20 AM   #12
CanuckBlue

Who wants leaf games? not to mention pre season leaf games.
Old 2009-09-15, 06:48 AM   #13
Doppelganger399

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckBlue View Post
Who wants leaf games? not to mention pre season leaf games.
There a Leafer around every corner my friend & we are taking over.
Old 2009-09-18, 07:59 PM   #14
Doppelganger399

I made a threat told them I was going to call eastlink and pre season games are now on my centre ice, being a pain in the backside still gets you what you want lol.
Old 2009-09-19, 11:06 AM   #15
LMGVictoria
Rookie

Default Shaw disconnected unrented bsmt suite

I posted this elsewhere on wrong thread so figured I'd post it here too:

We bought our house a year ago. It has a basement suite. We had our daughter move into the basement and we had Shaw split the cable so she would have her own bill to pay. In June she moved out so we turned the basement suite into a media room. Purchased $8,500 worth of media equipment and had a shaw cable tech come in and hook up 4 outlets in the house as we get 4 free outlets with our service. 2 outlets in the basement suite and 2 upstairs. I explained to the tech at the time that the girls were moving out (our daughter and her roommate) within 2 weeks and that we were not renting the suite. They were welcome to come by from time to time to check and make sure were weren't renting. He said fine. On Thurs morning my husband was watching the big TV downstairs and all of a sudden the cable went out. I had seen a Shaw van in the area. I called Shaw the next day as we could not get it working again and they said from time to time they "audit" and then disconnect cable in suites. They do this as many people with suites are getting free cable for their renters. I explained to her what I had explained to the tech and she kept saying "you have to understand that there are many people with suites and renters not paying for their cable". Nothing I said would convince her we were not stealing the cable. She said she could have another tech come out next week but she could not guarantee another would not come along and disconnect the cable. Our Shaw connection is on the outside of the house. Is it possible to move it inside? I am quite angry that their techs have the right to come on our property and disconnect our cable without even asking us first. We were home at the time. Another option I have is to reconnect our star choice but we live in a very nice area and I don't want the dish hanging off the side of the house. I also don't know if our house is "wired" to have a dish. Plus we've purchased Shaw 3 cable boxes, 2 HD boxes (1 records) and these were expensive.

I hope someone has some good suggestions. On Monday morning I am going to call the suites department at Shaw. I did talk to a second CSR at Shaw on Friday and she apologized a lot and told me to call the suites department. The first lady was not helpful at all. Basically accused me of stealing cable. I had asked the first CSR to have a supervisor call me. She said she would and I am still waiting for that call.

Thanks!

Tags
complaint, rant, shaw direct