Shaw Cable rant thread, Leaving Shaw, etc - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Shaw Communications > Shaw Cable

Old 2009-07-24, 09:41 AM   #1
hugh
Member #1

Default Shaw Cable rant thread, Leaving Shaw, etc

Our Shaw Customer Service - Good and Bad - Post Comments Here thread has gotten out of hand. Very little Good, lots of rants that are off-topic so a new thread has been created to allow folks to rant about Shaw.

Now, c'mon get it off your chest.

If you have a problem with Shaw, then lets hear about it.
Old 2009-07-24, 02:09 PM   #2
hugh
Member #1

From our rules
Quote:
Annoying posts & Trolling – Annoying posts such as those consisting of all uppercase letters or containing an excessive number or smilies, icons, oversized fonts, excessive quoting will be subject to deletion without warning.
I have deleted several posts. This is a rant thread but that is no excuse for use of oversized fonts or other juvenile behaviour and posts.

In future, such behaviour will be considered trolling and infractions issued.
Old 2009-07-26, 07:36 PM   #3
ranjy

We're moving on Thursday and were having our new HD PVR delivered today...I was told I couldn't make an appointment for our new place until our new PVR was delivered because each account can only have 1 work order at a time.

So I get my new unit and call today only to find out there's a month wait to get a technician out to White Rock, and to make it worse I need to take a half-day off.

Definitely not impressed.
Old 2009-08-12, 10:41 PM   #4
gi32tgilkg

Question

The other day, I called Shaw to come out and fix my cable TV because I think it had a bad splitter on it and they said no, can anyone explain why they would do that?
gi32tgilkg is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2009-08-13, 01:47 PM   #5
mudmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by gi32tgilkg View Post
The other day, I called Shaw to come out and fix my cable TV because I think it had a bad splitter on it and they said no, can anyone explain why they would do that?
That's weird. I had the same problem a month or two ago and they booked an appointment right away. They also said if I wanted to do it myself I could go to their office and pick up a new splitter myself. I did that and it fixed the problem so I cancelled the appointment.
mudmonkey is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2009-08-13, 03:53 PM   #6
gi32tgilkg

Thanks mudmonkey, I went and got a splitter and hooked it up, and it's all fixed now!

Last edited by gi32tgilkg; 2009-08-13 at 07:08 PM.
gi32tgilkg is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2009-08-14, 02:53 PM   #7
mudmonkey

No problem.
mudmonkey is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2009-08-27, 04:03 PM   #8
dbarron

Default TV/Internet/Phone $30 per month for select customers only

So a neighbor brought a Shaw flyer in to work today. Shaw will give them Full HD TV, high speed internet access, and digital phone for $10 each per month, total $30 per month for a year, and the first 2 months for free. They also get 2 HD PVR rentals free.

So I called the number on the flyer and they said it is only meant for Novus customers. They won't give me any sort of deal at all.

Grrrrrrr. I'm going to switch everything to Telus and tell Shaw this is why. Shaw has lost me forever.

Shaw supporters please do not reply, this is a rant not an invitation to a discussion.
dbarron is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2009-09-19, 09:45 PM   #9
MKam

My rant isn't about customer service it's about product. Let's review some of the latest HD offerings. AMC-*not*HD, Big10HD, FrameHD, GolfHD...

What's next? Snore-HD, KnittingHD, BasketWeavingHD? There's GOT to be something better out there.
MKam is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2009-09-19, 10:51 PM   #10
Crash7

Have you heard anything on BasketWeaving HD? I've sent in multiple requests for it.
Crash7 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2009-09-20, 12:56 AM   #11
g011um

It's coming, but don't get your hopes up. The plan is to broadcast a stretched version of the BasketWeaving SD channel, so you'll have a hard time matching the design you see on TV with the ones you make right there in your living room.
Old 2009-09-12, 12:13 AM   #12
Newb777

Default They don't care if you leave

Shaw is not into customer service or customer satisfaction. They changed their hours to close at 8 PM.

Many friends and collegues are able to get HDTV and digital cable channels for 6 months or more without additional charge even though we have the same service.

Shaw's refer a friend program is a farce. In my case, I referred my sister. Just like I referred her for the internet many years ago. When SHE called them, she gave them my info. When I called Shaw about the referral, they looked up her account and gave me the referral.

However, this time, they voided the referral because she ordered Shaw Digital phone herself and was not approached by a Shaw telemarketing rep.

When I called Shaw to explain my frustration with them, they asked me if I wanted to cancel. I said, I am seriously thinking about it and going with Telus. The rep then went and said, "it'll take a moment and I'll cancel your digital service right away and next week, we'll send a tech over to disconnect your service". I then replied, "wait a minute, not just yet. I'm going to check with the wife and call you back".
Newb777 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2009-09-12, 02:43 AM   #13
trainwalker

Location: Shaw employee. My thoughts are my own and not my employers.

Customer service is 24/7/365.

If you are talking about office hours, please tell me where the demand is that people are paying there bills in a office at midnight enough to warrant the expenses of keeping a office open.

If you are talking about house calls, I highly doubt there is a massive demand for this. How many other companies make house calls 24/7? The gas company is all I can think of, and that's only for life and death emergencies.

Get real.
trainwalker is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2009-09-12, 03:19 AM   #14
Newb777

Thank you for sharing your thoughts as a Shaw employee. Let's hear from someone not representing Shaw's interest.
Newb777 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2009-09-12, 11:24 AM   #15
MikeRo

Newb777,

I agreed with you on your 'What do you pay for Shaw' services thread but here I must disagree with you. I thought Trainwalker answered the customer service part of your rant.

I have always had good service from Shaw - I rank them higher than any other consumer service company I deal with. I also appreciate the fact Shaw employees can post here and identify themselves as employees.
MikeRo is offline   Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.