Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Post Your Working XM Canada Promo Code Here

273K views 527 replies 212 participants last post by  Davage 
#1 · (Edited)
FYI:

50% off one year of service promo code OLFTA1YDU

Expires december 9

Here is Ontario is was $82.45 + $11.54 tax = $93.99. Great deal!

#34 ·
Just purchased NHL EXPRESS EZ today and I am wondering if I should wait to see if a new code similar to the GM one will appear soon.It comes with a good deal right now, but I would sure like to get a similar offer as the one that expired Mar.31.

Thanks for any replies

#35 ·
Just purchased NHL EXPRESS EZ today and I am wondering if I should wait to see if a new code similar to the GM one will appear soon.It comes with a good deal right now, but I would sure like to get a similar offer as the one that expired Mar.31.
If you're referring to the promo code that's on the cardboard sleve of the Xpress EZ, why not use it initially anyway? If another promo code similar to the GM one comes along before your trial period expires, you could always use it to extend your trail sub into a longer term.

#38 ·
Just got off the phone with XM.

According to the CSR tomorrow (april 15th) is the last day they will accept the OEMEPP100 code.

Unfortunately they will not apply this to a radio unless it is factory installed and she said they can tell by the radio ID.

She would not apply the deal to my Xpress EZ futureshop radio.

Apparently they are getting new promo codes soon and she heard they will have ones for the portable radios not just factory installed.

#39 ·
Apparently they are getting new promo codes soon and she heard they will have ones for the portable radios not just factory installed.
I'll bet if you called back sometime between now and tomorrow you'd probably get a more favorable result. ;)

Notwithstanding this, did you elect to use the three months free with free activation NHL XpressEZ promotion until the new promo codes start to make the rounds?

#40 ·
I have a MyFi with the 3 month free service. I e-mailed them to ask if I could tack on the OEM promo for an additional year. They were non-committal but said to call. I wanted to avoid this as they already messed up my bill from an online sign-up. The billed amount did not match up with the online figures. Dealing with CSRs was a nightmare.

I had called on March 31st. The CSR confirmed, at that time, that the code was expiring. She would not give me the promo without me telling her where I heard about it (e-mail, postcard, etc.) and when I heard about it. As far as I'm concerned, the promo code should either be valid or not.

I'm kind of tired playing 'hit and miss' CSR roulette. Also, the fact that there is no way to check your bill or determine how long your subscription runs (in writing), whatever they tell you really means nothing.

One CSR told me my free 3 months would expire at the end of June and another at the end of April. Shouldn't this be the most obvious information and written on their screen somewhere?

When I sent an e-mail to comment on this, they said someone from management would be calling me but that never happened.

#43 · (Edited)
No more Codes

Hey Everyone,

I just tried the OEM code and a couple of others with no luck - either on the website or calling XM directly. The CSR I talked with said that those codes are not longer valid and the OEM code is only for units that are manufacture installs. I asked if there was any other way she could give me a discount and she was like "NOPE ... NADA ... Ain't going to happen".

I also asked her if she knew of any promotions coming up and she said she was not aware of any.

Seems like the the US always gets the best deals.

K
I called XM yesterday and got that same response; The GM code has been changed and new codes started on April 15 (where sent to GM). I tried the NHLONXM one, but did not work for me on a Delphi.

#45 ·
XM Canada vs XM US

I'm sure once the new codes (GM or otherwise) become known they'll be posted here for all to enjoy. :D
After trying so many codes in the Canadian site and not getting anywhere; I looked up ones for the US site, and VOILA! There are around 3 of them that will work for you if you have a family/friends US address and a US credit/debit card. Got 3 months free + waived activation and 1 year for $70 USD that way.

#47 ·
After trying so many codes in the Canadian site and not getting anywhere; I looked up ones for the US site, and VOILA! There are around 3 of them that will work for you if you have a family/friends US address and a US credit/debit card. Got 3 months free + waived activation and 1 year for $70 USD that way.
BTW, the promo code is XMSCION03 (Toyota Scion dealer code). Only on the US site; can be done online but then you get 3 months free and $106 USD for a year; previously activated radios or new ones can be activated with this promo.

#41 ·
Hey Everyone,

I just tried the OEM code and a couple of others with no luck - either on the website or calling XM directly. The CSR I talked with said that those codes are not longer valid and the OEM code is only for units that are manufacture installs. I asked if there was any other way she could give me a discount and she was like "NOPE ... NADA ... Ain't going to happen".

I also asked her if she knew of any promotions coming up and she said she was not aware of any.

Seems like the the US always gets the best deals.

K

#48 ·
I tried to get the OEM code (before it expired) added for my second radio. After numerous e-mail inquiries, it became apparent that they would commit nothing to writing and just kept telling me to call in. On my last attempt, she said the code couldn't be added unless I told her when I got the code and from where. This radio was on a 3 month free promo, free activation offer. So I waited until a couple days before expiry and called to cancel. She asked and I told her it's too much money for a second radio. She offered me 3 months at $5/month for a total of $15.

#49 ·
Save money without a promo code!!!

Hey guys, I was looking on this forum a few hours ago for a working promo code and that that there were none or they had all expired. So I activated my radio anyways without a discount and payed full price for a year's subscription in the hopes that I would find one later and get reimbursed. I decided that I was going to register for american xm service instead and use a us promo as I know someone with an address in the states. Not 5 minutes ago I called xm canada to cancel and they asked why and I told them because It was too expensive, right then she said she could give me 3 months free, free activation and only $10.95 a month, not bad. Sorry for the lengthy post just had to share my tip with you all.

#51 ·
CDN Sub for $96 per year

While not as good as the $77/yr US deal I just got offered $96.19/year for the Canadian plan.

I tried to get a code but she wouldn't give to me. I called up to cancel my three month NHLONXM trial and gave the reason that while I love the service I can't see myself paying $14 a month for it.

The CSR said what about if I could offer you $8 a month or $96.19 total for the year? I checked to make sure this wasn't 1 year at $96 then committed for 2 more years at higher rate. She did say that there would be an automatic renewal but I can cancel that and there is no commitment beyond year 1.

YMMV but it is worth asking for this.

#61 ·
LOL then I can't add a radio to my account for some reason. Could it be because I haven't had a radio activated for awhile?
I can't see why you wouldn't be able to add a radio to your account. Did you try to do this over the phone or online? If the radio you are trying to activate was previously activated, is it still active for some reason? If it never received the deactivation signal is is obviously still active and this may be the reason you cannot add it to your account.

#64 ·
Not a code, but I just called customer service to inquire about renewing my subscription which is about to expire. At first they offered me the standard $173 (tax incl) which I balked at. He then offered me another year for $100 which I accepted. No promo code or anything, I jsut said $173 was too much and he immediately dropped the price to $100.

#65 ·
Wow, wish I got the same offer.. I cancelled a secondary radio, he offered renewal for a year at $93, I said that's not much of a discount, how much is it regular? He said $164, and I said no, it's a secondary radio, its only $120 or so.. he then said "oh right" and proceeded to cancel! I would have left the radio there for a better price, but he didn't seem to interested in offering anything, so it's now cancelled! I had no intention of getting a discount when I called, but I would have accepted something.

#69 ·
I just called today as my 3 months free trial with my Honda just expired. I tried to push for their best deal and he said $119.88 for the first year. I said that was too much and he said that's all they offer right now. Didn't seem to care much that I didn't renew and said "Thank you for calling XM Canada, bye."

#70 ·
AFAIK, the best XM Canada is willing to offer on one year subscription renewals right now is $96.19 plus tax - which is exactly what Jace paid with 13% tax.

No wonder people are either defecting to the US service or not bothering to sign up with XM Canada in the first place. As evidenced by the experiences reported in the preceding posts, they obviously don't want to make the effort to retain their customers nor do they seem to even care about them in the first place.

#72 ·
Same here. Just cancelled a second radio. Rep offered 3 months free off a one year sub. Asked her how much that would be and she said about $90. I can get a primary U.S. sub for $77 and second radios are only $6.99/month. As far as I am concerned, these guys at XM Canada are just re-sellers of a U.S. product. They charge more for less product.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.