Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fibe TV 2012 New Channels Discussion

60K views 123 replies 44 participants last post by  hercules130 
#1 ·
New Channels always generate a lot of discussion so this thread is for discussing new channels coming to Fibe TV in 2012.

There is an active thread in the Bell Satellite TV forum for discussing new channels, so please use that thread for satellite. Fibe TV has most of the channels that satellite has, but the lineups are not identical and the channel numbers are different.

You're welcome to speculate and discuss new channels coming to Fibe TV but PLEASE unless it's been confirmed by an official press release, be clear about what is speculation and what is fact.

A post saying "a CSR said it was coming" is NOT official, however, it does put it in the "highly" likely category.

If its posted on the CRTC site that its been approved by the CRTC but Bell has not said anything, I would consider that in the "not very likely at this time" category.

#31 ·
To all Portuguese and Brazilians

There is a New Channel from Brazil called RBTI it is a great channel and I have called to Bell Fibe TV to request this channel, They have put the request in to the appropriate department and have said that the more people who call and request this channel the better the chances of them getting it, so I ask that all Portuguese Speaking customers call Bell Fibe TV and ask them for this channel, it is a brand new Channel that was launched in Canada not too long ago and is being distributed by Ethnic Groups Channels, who also supply Bell with all the other major International Channels. We are a big community and we need to see more channels from Portugal and Brazil.:cool:

#33 ·
that would be totally awesome, yes it is licensed in canada by the CRTC, it is being distributed through Ethnic Channels Group and I have contacted them and they have launched it already on Nextv and she said Rogers was next on the list for them, so would be nice to have it on Bell Fibe TV. keeping fingers crossed and hoping that they will carry it soon..

Thanks for your replay MCIBUS..

#39 ·
TSC is owned by Rogers. There's been a little bit of tension between Rogers and Bell lately when it comes to channel agreements. Although I thought TSC was a CAT "1" channel that was mandatory for coverage. It's a channel that shouldn't cost anyone a cent. I'm, pretty sure TSC was part of Expressvu when I had their service long time ago.

#43 ·
Updates from the wikipedia page

Warning: The following channels in this list are either officially or unofficially announced by Bell TV or by the broadcaster.
CBRT-DT CBC Calgary HD (1130) to be added soon
The Weather Network HD to be added soon
History Television (522) SD (1605) HD re-branding to History Canada Fall 2012
The Cave (629) re-branding to H2 Canada fall 2012
Showcase Diva (335) re-branding to Lifetime Canada Fall 2012
Cartoon Network to launch July 4th 2012
High definition channels in the 798-900 range to be removed - date to be confirmed

#47 ·
Olympics

Bell TV's London 2012 Mosaic Channel
To help navigate the wide range of simultaneously occurring Olympic events, Bell Fibe TV and Bell Satellite TV customers will have access to Bell's London 2012 Mosaic Channel. This multi-view channel allows customers to watch up to 5 of the Consortium feeds including CTV and TSN on one screen and quickly tune to the broadcast of their choice.
On-Demand and Olympics App
Bell Fibe TV customers will have access to more than 1,100 hours of London 2012 on-demand content including coverage of competitions, Canadian athletes, primetime shows, and the Opening and Closing Ceremonies. Bell is also offering access to the CTV Olympics London 2012 App on Bell Fibe TV, which allows Fibe TV customers to:
  • Easily scroll through standings, statistics and top stories
  • View live scoreboards
  • Sort and watch video highlights related to top stories and specific sports categories
Press Release

#51 ·
NFL Network on FIBE TV

Hi - I am currently subscribed to FIBE with a la carte 15 programming plus Movie Network. I wanted to add the NFL network (and remove a channel or even move to 20 a la carte) but was surprised to find that I was not able to. The ONLY way I could get the NFL network was to change programming package to Best of the Best - for 60$, instead of the 15$ I am paying now. Does that seem right? I spoke with BELL twice and they just said "that's the way it is".

#53 ·
How do you request new channels?

I wanted to switch to Bell Fibe from Rogers, but there is a channel that I would miss (Mediaset Italia) It is one of the TLN group of channels and I don't understand why Bell has most all of them except this one. Only Rogers has it. Does anyone know if Bell is ever going to get this channel?

Also how do I make it known to Bell that it is a channel I am interested in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.