Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Motorola DCX3400 Coming/ Has arrived to Eastlink

123K views 217 replies 59 participants last post by  denben73 
#1 ·
Eastlink will be getting this new reciever in a few weeks, I stopped by my local Eastlink store and he showed me the internal info guide. It appears to be the DCX3425 (250gb) model and I was also told the eSATA port IS enabled for extended capacity.

Its a really sharp looking unit, I cannot wait for it, I am ready to pack up my 6416 Phase III right now!

I wonder what the guide will look like or if any i-guide feature enhancements.

#2 ·
Will we be able to just call them and switch out our current DCT's? I just had my 6412 replaced with a brand new 6416 because of a hardware failure, but it sounds like this new one would be great for recording long shows and sporting events.

#4 · (Edited)
Eastlink DVR storage confusion

Hi
I was glad to see some recent discussion on this topic. I have been on the phone with Eastlink sales and technical support several times over the past day or so.
I was having a problem with my DCT6416 while watching the playoffs (slight stutter in video signal)
My point and questions surround the newer HD PVRs from Eastlink. No one seems to be able to tell me if the DCT 6416, or Pace Tahoe allow for external storage. The units are set up for it , but does the software allow it.
Now I read on this forum that someone has actually heard from Eastlink that this DCX3400 actually does allow for it.
More confusion.

How soon before the 3400 hits the street?

#9 ·
Here's a response from Eastlink I got today:

Eastlink E-mail CSR said:
It is true that EastLink is investigating several new receivers, but we have
not publicly announced which one we will be using. The DCX3400 receiver is
among the models being considered, and has tested quite favorably. We
encourage you to check eastlink.ca regularly for the announcement of our next
generation of Digital Cable receivers.

They didn't respond to my question about upgrading.

#10 ·
I never call the call center unless it is last resort. I always go to the Kiosk, they seem to know more about everything. The call center people just go for the money, as little as they get paid, training to them is, time off the phone.

The people at the Kiosk told me that if I am renting the reciever I could swap it out (I didn't ask about a fee and he didn't divulge it). The reciever comes with a 250gb hard drive and the external eSATA is enabled and that it should be available in 2-4 weeks.

I hope it's sooner rather than later, the 6416 is skipping recordings and always running out of space LOL.

#19 ·
I called Eastlink last night regarding a swap since I have one of the older ones (it doesn't even have HDMI, its DVI lol with component) the Guide lags all the time its annoying.

I wanted to see if they had the DCX3400 or knew anything about it.

They said that they just got in the xxx6416 and the xxx3416, they did not give me model letters behind the numbers. I asked to confirm what the letters are, the agent said she didn't know but can assure me that these are the brand new ones.

Maybe its the DCH6416 they were talking about? if its the DCT6416 then that would just be the same thing that has been floating around for a while. I'm going to call today to confirm,

but I wonder if its this:

<http://www.motorola.com/Business/US-EN/Business+Product+and+Services/TV+Video+Distribution/Customer+Premises+Equipment+(Set-tops)/Analog-Digital+QAM+Set-tops/DCH6416_US-EN>

#20 ·
I really dont find the Customer service reps know much about the boxes.
As many previous posts indicate there is a new box being tested- there have been emails sent to the retail stores telling them this.
i'm thinking as each area goes 100% digital (like Sydney) they will roll out the new units.
in the meantime i would suggest you upgrade to the DCT6416 (III) as it does allow for a HDMI cable.

#22 ·
Long time reader! Thought I would share something.

My girlfriends family (HRM) just upgraded to digital cable. They got 1 DVR box and 2 regular non-HD ones.

The DVR box they just got installed was a DCT3416. Also, came with a funky looking remote for all 3 boxes.

I'm looking to buy an HD box for myself, so does this mean the 3xxx boxes are now fair game for Eastlink?

#26 ·
Are you sure HRM has gone all digital because according to Eastlink Sydney will become Nova Scotia's first 100% all digital community.

Eastlink:

Sydney has been selected as EastLink’s first community within Nova Scotia to go 100% digital.
Also curious as to why they didn't give zortoflaven's girlfriends family one of the new dvr's that are suppose to be available now.

#28 ·
I just got the box 5minutes ago!! DCX3400-M Dual Tuner DVR.

It looks slick as hecccck!!. Its doin its init. thing right now though- at this moment it is pushing a 720p signal. (It lights up white in small white writing on the front saying 720p.

When I hit display on my bravia 5100W -46inch it says 720p, the old junk box was pushing 1080i. Anyways, not an issue right now- I'll prob look up how to get into the diagnostics menu to see if there is a setting on the box if it stays 720p, or maybe when it finishes its download it will goto 1080i.

I'll keep you posted, this box is sick. USB connection on the front, touch screen buttons (like a microwave or Iphone), Many many things to look at on the back (reference user guide for more info)

Anyways- get yours swaped today!! Replace the old junk looking silver one!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.