Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Shaw Customer Service - good and bad - post comments here

309K views 942 replies 363 participants last post by  JeffRoyer 
#1 ·
This thread is for folks to post good stories and bad about Shaw Cable Customer Service.

If your posting a bad post, then at least try to post what knowledge is lacking and how the company might improve service rather than calling CSR's useless or idiots.

Remember CSR's are human too and sometimes they don't have all the answers

#2 ·
I've had very mixed dealings with Shaw. Sometimes its horrible (The CSR telling me I need to plug my 6208 directly to the wall outlet or it won't work properly.) and sometimes its pretty good (The second tech who came to my house actually phoned back to the headend and confirmed that everything was setup right and that the headend was experiencing the same problem.)

I think in the end its a training and personnel issue when you get good versus bad service at Shaw.

#4 ·
MY personal dealing with Shaw have always been good. One improvement I can think of is better communications to the CSRs in all the regions Shaw services. The CSRs can't give you information they don't have.

#5 ·
Shaw customer has been pretty decent.

1. the callback service is quite nice (sometimes when you call and there's a long queue, one is given the option to leave one's phone # and Shaw will call back). Have never had to wait very long on hold because of this.

2. Had a negative experience with one CSR who implied I was sexist idiot when I asked her to delegate upwards.

3. Wrote letter about said incident to Shaw and it was handled professionally and to my satisfaction.

4. Bought a DCT5100 mere weeks before the 6200 came out (after all shaw CSRs pleaded ignorance about 6200). Received a programming credit for the difference in terminal pricing after complaining.

5. Biggest problem with the CSRs is, IMO, the fact that they aren't provided with the information that they should have to answer all customer questions. They try but can only share what information is provided them from upstairs.

Overall, upon reflection - very good customer service. I can bitch about their HD but I can't about their customer support.

#6 ·
75 percent good.
25 percent bad.

Having to wait on hold for a long time is bad but when you get a knowledgable CSR it is quite good. The wait times seem to occur mostly whent there is a problem or during prime time (6-9pm pst). The late night "nerds" (no offence) after 9pm pst have always been very good and they seem to be on top of most current issues and know what the problem is. During the day it is hit or miss.

#7 ·
****ty service

everytime I call all they do is reset my cable box or cable modem, and when that doesn't work 99% of the time, they book a service call for sometime next week, all of that after i've waited on hold for around a half hour. I've never heard the option to have them call me back, where is it?

#8 ·
you really want to know?

1) My brother moved home, so we ran both our computers off the internet, along with one more in the office which was used more for email (sister and parents). However with my brothers constant use of the internet (gaming, etc) I actually got a email from shaw saying I was using too much bandwidth. I've had my internet thru cable since it was with Rogers (when I did sign up, I worked for Cantel at the same customer service center as Rogers Cable). Speaking of which, when shaw took over, they took away my 50% high speed cable discount.

Back to the story, I pulled out my original contract forms with Rogers cable (of which shaw NEVER updated), and nowhere does it state any limit on bandwidth. I emailed them back, saying my brother moved home, and that may be the cause. They replied saying I have 6GB dl, and 2GB ul. I replied asking when this change took place, as I was never informed by Shaw. I still have all my emails, and here is their reply:

"Thank you for your reply. Our bandwidth guidelines have always been in place. In fact, Rogers had a very similar policy. Whether they enforced it or not was a prerogative of theirs, however, not much differs in our policies. Most service providers have limitations for bandwidth usage. Hope this answers your questions but if you have any further queries, please call us at 604-629-3101. Thank you."

Yeah, okay. So I wrote back saying that I have my original contract with Rogers which Shaw never updated, and that I DO NOT have a limit. No reply from them.

About 1-2 weeks later, my brother calls me at work saying that the internet is down. So I call Shaw to find out. They first reps sayings they banned my account, and transfered me to another person (in some other dept that deals with this stuff).

Long story short, he tried to tell me that I have a limit, and I said I didn't. I asked him where it says so, and he says on their website. He also said that it says on the website that it is up to customers to read the website often for any updates. So I asked him, did you tell customers IN THE FIRST place that they need to read it? eh, blank look on his face probably. In the end, he just wanted to get off the phone. I told him to list on my account that I DO NOT have a limit, and that if they wanted to enforce one on me, to cancel my account. He said he didn't want to do that. Thats been the last I've heard from them since (July 2003).

2) About 2 months ago, during my sisters wedding, out internet died. Moreso the cable modem, which we've had for 5 years died. Crappy timing as we had so many relatives here during the wedding, and no one could use the internet. Shaw said that they had to replace the modem, fine. It took them 2 days to send someone out. But no one came. Or atleast they did, but said no one was home. Funny, because there was several people home, with kids running around all day long. They sent someone by 2 days later again, and again they said no one was home. Infact I was in my room that whole day, which is next to the front door. I didn't see anyone. So after over a week, someone finally came, and we got our modem replaced. When I came home that day, the modem looked like it went thru hell and back. Definitely not new, had dents on it, and a sticky stubstance on it. Gross. I called them up, and told them to replace it at once. How can they bring me a modem, is WORSE condition, then the one I had for 5 years? 2 days later again, they came, and changed the modem.

Bleh, thats the worst of it, I could go on, but you get the idea. Now if they could set me up with a HDTV box for a discounted price, I might have something nice to say to them, but they can't, so shove it Shaw.

G
#9 ·
sk1d said:
everytime I call all they do is reset my cable box or cable modem, and when that doesn't work 99% of the time, they book a service call for sometime next week, all of that after i've waited on hold for around a half hour.
That has been my experience too. Never had I had problems with signal levels before I bought my 6208. So I call to complain that some channels (the NHL channel, and couple of others), take eons to come in, and then once they are in they look fine. I also tell the CSR that it is interesting how the channels that wont come in are all located "high" in the frequency spectrum, as indicated by the "test mode menu". The CSR then told me that using the menu will "void my warranty"... I laughed at him so hard, as there is nothinig that can be changed in that menu. I also said that I came across it by accident, and if you dont want us to see it, you should lock it out.

Anyhow, so they kept me on hold for the usual 20 minutes while they talked amoungst themselves, went for coffee, answered a few more calls. We went through hooking the box into the wall directly (no splitter), switching cables etc. They said "we have to send a tech to look at your signal problems". I said OK, fine. So I had to be home from 5-8 or something like that, so I come home from work an hour early just to wait until 8:15 when the guy showed up.

Instantly, he looked at my high quality splitter and blamed that. (the same kind he eventually replaced it with, as Shaw came in and installed that one for the last owners). He also said that the cable I was using (quad shield Belden RG-6) was substandard quality, and the combination was causing the problem. I showed him the problem I was having, and he said, "oh yes, that is signal". He pulled out his little signal box and checked my line, replaced it and the splitter, and showed that there was a 0.2 db increase at 500Mhz when he replaced my cable and splitter with his. He tried to convince me that 0.2 db was huge in signal terms.

He left, without staying to check if the HUGE signal increase of 0.2db solved my problems. Of course it did not.

I decided to borrow a friends "IFR" spectrum analyzer, as I thought it might help me find out what the problem was. There was beautiful signal right up the spectrum until I reached about 604Mhz, where the signal started to get noisy. I decided to call Shaw and get directed to their signal problems resident tech to indicate my findings, pointing to an upstream cable problem that was not located within my house. He asked me how I found this info, and I explained how I found it using a spectrum analyzer. Instantly he reamed me out for hooking "non-approved" equipment to the line, and explained how it was a criminal offence to inject signals into the cable line. I simply just hung up, in absolute disgust, for an absolute lack of technical knowledge.

12 days later, I received a call from some guy who apologized for the last guy, and explained how with my tip they were able to find a broken coaxial connector on their main feedline amplifier for the block, and the problem should now be fixed. I turned on my TV, and amazingly enough, the problem was gone.

This reminded me of the days I used to live in West Vancouver before Rogers took over shaw. I was an avid scanner listener, and I would always wonder why my scanner would always get weird noises on particluar frequecies which would stop the scan. More research yielded that these were cable video carrier frequencies. So using some direction finding techniques, I located the problem on the pole outside my house. The hardline (coax) feeding the amplifier has been stretched and pinched in a windstorm, and the solid copper shield was split wide open. I called shaw, and they said they would send someone to look at it. Well 3 months went by and nothing. Every time it rained, our cable would go to hell, and their solution was to install a new amplifier, completely missing the REAL problem. It came to the point that I had to flag down a shaw truck I saw driving by one rainy day, and show him exactly where and what the problem was. He looked at it and said "wow, that is pretty serious... How long has it been like this?". Needless to say, it only took them another 8 months to replace the hardline run. There was another problem up the street, and me and a friend solved that one by climbing the pole and tightening the connector ourselves.

So I would have to say that they do solve problems, they just have to listen to some people that may be smarter than them on the subject from time to time.

#10 · (Edited)
Gujustud, i download more than 6 GB a month easily, that's only 4, 1.5GB movies plus other music, and games, and i've never had shaw tell me anything about my limit, Videon, the old cable company before shaw bought them out, used to send me emails all the time, but they explictly said when you sign up what limits you have. When they switched to shaw, I asked them if they have those same limits and they told me there were no limits.

#11 ·
HeaTransfer said:
5. Biggest problem with the CSRs is, IMO, the fact that they aren't provided with the information that they should have to answer all customer questions. They try but can only share what information is provided them from upstairs.
I've sat in on a technical training session and a question was posed by a senior field technician pertaining to signal to noise ratios to a Shaw system Engineer. The response to his question was Why would you need to know that? The tech was then treated as if he had spat on that engineers shoe. In the next few weeks after that there was alot of suspicious management activities regarding that individual. Now no one asks questions, so if you don't get answers from the bottom (CSR's) try going "upstairs".

HINT-Don't be seduced by suave talk and offers of trinkets. If it doesn't get fixed, escalate and keep good documentation. This will probably result in more suave talk, better trinkets and a resolution.:)

#12 ·
6208 Ill wait said:
Instantly, he looked at my high quality splitter and blamed that. (the same kind he eventually replaced it with, as Shaw came in and installed that one for the last owners). He also said that the cable I was using (quad shield Belden RG-6) was substandard quality, and the combination was causing the problem. I showed him the problem I was having, and he said, "oh yes, that is signal". He pulled out his little signal box and checked my line, replaced it and the splitter, and showed that there was a 0.2 db increase at 500Mhz when he replaced my cable and splitter with his. He tried to convince me that 0.2 db was huge in signal terms.

He left, without staying to check if the HUGE signal increase of 0.2db solved my problems. Of course it did not.
For those that aren't familiar with db's (decibels) 0.2 isn't any kind of increase, you wouldn't see it and it was amazing this tech was able to recognise the HUGE <faceitious> gain. Must of been a digital meter otherwise he'd never would have went there.

I decided to borrow a friends "IFR" spectrum analyzer, as I thought it might help me find out what the problem was. There was beautiful signal right up the spectrum until I reached about 604Mhz, where the signal started to get noisy. I decided to call Shaw and get directed to their signal problems resident tech to indicate my findings, pointing to an upstream cable problem that was not located within my house. He asked me how I found this info, and I explained how I found it using a spectrum analyzer. Instantly he reamed me out for hooking "non-approved" equipment to the line, and explained how it was a criminal offence to inject signals into the cable line. I simply just hung up, in absolute disgust, for an absolute lack of technical knowledge
12 days later, I received a call from some guy who apologized for the last guy, and explained how with my tip they were able to find a broken coaxial connector on their main feedline amplifier for the block, and the problem should now be fixed. I turned on my TV, and amazingly enough, the problem was gone.
FYI- If you are in Greater Vancouver & the Fraser Valley (anyplace other than the North Shore & S.F.U.) the cable plant is only built to 625mhz. You weren't missing much! I think its great you found the problem for Shaw! ...mmmm there isn't as much test equipment around there as there used to be! Can you say cut backs on Capital expenses.

This reminded me of the days I used to live in West Vancouver before Rogers took over shaw. I was an avid scanner listener, and I would always wonder why my scanner would always get weird noises on particluar frequecies which would stop the scan. More research yielded that these were cable video carrier frequencies. So using some direction finding techniques, I located the problem on the pole outside my house. The hardline (coax) feeding the amplifier has been stretched and pinched in a windstorm, and the solid copper shield was split wide open. I called shaw, and they said they would send someone to look at it. Well 3 months went by and nothing. Every time it rained, our cable would go to hell, and their solution was to install a new amplifier, completely missing the REAL problem. It came to the point that I had to flag down a shaw truck I saw driving by one rainy day, and show him exactly where and what the problem was. He looked at it and said "wow, that is pretty serious... How long has it been like this?". Needless to say, it only took them another 8 months to replace the hardline run. There was another problem up the street, and me and a friend solved that one by climbing the pole and tightening the connector ourselves.
I wouldn't recommend anyone to go up poles trying to "fix" things. There was a incident about four years ago where a person in Langley B.C. thought he'd just go up there and hook up his own cable. He got hung up on some of the lines fell off his ladder and hung himself on a subsribers drop leaving a widow and kids. Not a smart move to save a few bucks a month. Going up there to do service for Shaw is just DUMB.
If its affecting your TV there are many avenues to complain to CRTC, CTSC, Shaw and they are supposed to respond in a reasonable fashion ( It's listed on their web sites http://www.crtc.gc.ca/RapidsCCM/Register.asp?lang=E http://www.ctsc.ca/eng/complaint/.:) That being said if your internet experience is less than you'd hoped there is only Shaw to take it up with.:(

#13 · (Edited)
I have been a subscriber for about 6 months, and for those 6 months it has been mostly bad. Got a deal in May of getting full (analog) cable for 6 months for $20/mth. As summer was approaching and we watch less TV then, I figured I cancel my dish and go with cable till the fall.

When our service was to be hooked up, the first tech they sent out said our signal was too weak, and that a new drop would have to be put in before we could get service. He was going to check on how long it would take to get that done. Got a call from them some days later, requesting permission to break up some concrete in our back yard to put in the drop; gave them the go-ahead. Some more days later, another tech shows up, says he would do the hook-up, install an amplifier, and we would have service at least until the new drop was done. I agreed, and voila... our rather lacklustre quality cable service began. Lower channels were O.K., but not great, and upper channels were unwatchable. Summer passed, and I sort of just forgot about them putting in the new line... guess in the back of my mind I figured I may go back to the dish at some point anyway, so why push the issue.

Last month, I decided to try out internet service through Shaw as well, as our Telus "1 year cheap-o" deal ran out in September. The net tech came, on October 19th and told me that our signal was far too weak for internet, even with the signal amplified. He said he would have someone contact me about finally getting the new drop done, and that that would likely happen the following day. With no response by October 25, I sent an e-mail to them describing my situation, frustration, and requesting our cable service be cancelled, and telling them to scratch the internet order. In that e-mail I also requested they send confirmation they received my cancellation request.

On November 2, still no reply, so I sent another e-mail requesting again they make contact to confirm my request to cancel. Received a reply the following day stating:
"Hello Jason, Thank you for your email. We have forwarded your email to the senior management in Lethbridge so that they can look after your request.
Please feel free to contact us if you need further assistance or for online technical assistance visit our Customer Support Site at http://support.shaw.ca. Thank You for choosing Shaw"

Clock is still ticking, it is Nov 5, still no call nor e-mail from them, and we still have the cable hooked up. Now, it seems that not only are my Shaw days done, but so too may my Star Choice days be through (after all they are the same company). Though it pains me to admit, I am being driven ever closer to Bell than I ever thought I might venture!

Edit: November 14... still no reply!

Edit: After one more e-mail following the 14th, finally got a call from someone locally. They seemed surprised that I wanted a disconnect, and thought I was just wanting info on the new drop being put in. Apparently, they had "problems with their crew during the summer" that were repairing the drops. The person locally apologised, and said if I wanted to come back to cable he would get the repair done as soon as posible. Despite my numerous e-mail, it still seems they missed the boat in passing along the info from the e-mail CSR to the "senior management in Lethbridge". Now I am left with one more task... trying to get my money back from service for the November bill. Don't know if it is even worth my time.

Edit: January 4, 2005. A Shaw tech shows up at my place today checking things out. I wasn't home, and the tech spoke with my mother-in-law. The tech stated that they understood there was a problem with my drop and that it needed to be fixed; they would need the homeowners' permission to bust up some concrete to do the repair, probably within the next couple of months. Completely oblivious. Just when you thought it couldn't get any sillier...

#14 ·
My first post here after a few months of lurking while I gathered up information for my switch to HD equipment and programming.

3 weeks ago I called Shaw and they stated it would be 2 wks for someone to come out to install the box so I popped in to there worrisomely impressive building and picked up the 6200 (thinking better a less expensive one that works than...). They made a minor over charge at the desk which they apparently corrected when I pointed it out.

I phoned Nov. 3rd and pleasantly whined that I overpaid and they refunded $100 (which I would never of received if not for knowledge gained from DHC). Great.

I then went and checked my account history through the secure site to check and found an incredibly tangled paper trail of my account over the last month. Surely they could simplify this to allow morons like myself to be sure of what I am buying. I was going to paste it here but it was too long and disjointed. Suffice it to say there were 119 lines to document my switch to the full digital package and correction of a minor overcharge they made at the desk and the provision of the refund.

It would be great to have a more concise and understandable statement

#15 · (Edited)
"Repair" dept. response

Just hooked up 6408 on Saturday night.

Called Shaw early in the day (noonish) and confirmed that they could activate a new purchase 6408 after regular business hours. (inject sarcasm here)Tech said something about being open for that 24/7/365.... hmmm.

Ran to Visions at 5:50 pm believing the hours of operation from the website information. Was promptly informed that the Christmas shopping hours started that night and they would be open till 9:00 pm.

Got the box home and couldn't do a damn thing with it untill 11:30 pm. All happy with the connections... called Shaw 1-888 something number and pressed "4" for STB activations. That was forwarded to "repair" CSR's.

CSR for repair, asked if the box was on my account yet. How could it be? I only picked it up that evening... Then he said "can't help you as the GI code for the box isn't in the system yet... I asked about the 24/7/365 box activation thing.... Oh yes he says, if it's entered to the system, he can activate it. I says, you'se guys gotta get that ability to punch in GI codes for us night hawks. He agrees but says that I'll need to call back in the morning to activate at 7:00 am or after. - resigned to fate I slept restlessly.

Called in the AM. nice lady (Joanne maybe) asked about the call I placed the day before. She states quite clearly that the night boys can input GI codes. She doesn't understand why he wouldn't do it, except to say that maybe he was just lazy and didn't want to. She insists that the 'repair' guys can do this install stuff 24/7/365... hmmmm. She also suggests that she will put in a complaint for my terrible customer service experience.

Not sure what the super complaint is supposed to do. 6208 running good so far.

#16 ·
my stories amplify what many has been said here already. I have had HUGE issues with shaw CSR's and my HD feed in "small town AB". They consistantly told me there was nothing wrong with their end and it was something wrong with my unit.
In the end, there was nothing wrong with my unit it was the head end all along. I will say this however, they credited $50 to my account effectively cutting my bill for Nov in half and I got two phone calls back from CSR's to confirm my HD was up and running...AND, at 830 one evening the poor cable tech in town dropped by to also confirm my HD was now working.
In the end, if they would have just "listened" to what I had to say in the first place it would have saved them (and me) hours / days of frustrations. I do give them credit where its do though, they really went out of their way to make me happy when they did confirm it wasn't an issue with my setup.

On another note, I was told numerous times by shaw that there are NO limits on bandwidth BUT you are not authroized to use any FTP / Web server on personal accounts.

#17 ·
Uwish said:
On another note, I was told numerous times by shaw that there are NO limits on bandwidth
They don't need to put limits on bandwidth, they have throttled all P-to-P traffic down to about 1/3 of dial-up speed. I missed an episode of The Wire (darn 6208....guess I had my weekly recording set to 'keep 1' (the default) and it happily told me that it was going to record it right up til when it.....didn't record it), and had to find on on BT. Took me 40 (!!!) hours to download a 350mb file. Normally that would take, I don't know, 15-20 minutes?

#18 ·
wow, I don't suffer from PtoP governing. I just downloaded a 225Mb file at almost 250k/s

PS there are lots of reasons your p-p connection sucked goat, maybe it was the other end of your connection. I also try to stay away from "the most" popular peer to peer software programs.

#20 ·
1. Technician visit to home ... Called about some pixelation/dropouts on HDTV
- excellent service. Increased signal from box, replaced cable from wall to 6208, and offered to replace 6208 (had one in the truck).
2. Tech support over the phone ... Asking about adding a hard drive via firewire
- excellent call. Tech had a 6208 at home. Gave me excellent advice ... cannot use hard drive off the shelf, has to be from Motorola, but he gave me an alternative ... he was using a JVC D-VHS recorder with his 6208 to record HDTV.
So, 2 thumbs way up from me.

However, my home theatre dealer told me a horror story about a tech that come to set up a customer's 6208. This guy knew squat! Even bad mouthed the product as overpriced at $800 ... disputed the fact that they had bought it for $498! After 2 hours he gave up and left. When the home theatre dealers went out to the home they found it all wired up wrong ... even had one wire going from the unit and back to itself. How does a guy like that even get a job with Shaw in the first place!!!

#21 ·
Bob, some of their guys are not Shaw guys but outsourced guys. Those are the ones that are "traditional" cable guys and only know about the RF side of things. I've had two different techs in my house. One was the outsourced guy who just replaced my 6208 but freely offered he didn't know too much about it instead of pretending he did.

The second guy was a Shaw tech and was very knowledgable and even phoned back to the guy sitting in the headend to ensure what he was seeing is what they were seeing.

#22 ·
Phoned in for Shaw repair to come over as I wanted to split the cable feeding my Toshiba (maybe using one of their amplified splitters for free, as well as supply the pigtail). The repair man showed up as per the time block but somehow I didn't get told he was at the house (I was napping) and he added an amp to the incomming line and then left.... HE DID say that he would come back later that evening - when I was home - to explain what he did...

HE DID come back and did explain what was going on AND provided me with a simple 1GHz splitter and a pig so I could split the cable.... Great Service Shaw.... keep it up!!!:D

#23 · (Edited)
telling me I need to plug my 6208 directly to the wall outlet or it won't work properly
Surprisingly enough, that works sometimes. If it does work, its usually because the coax outer shielding is grounded to the house ground improperly somewhere (usually a satellite ground box)

A power bar or surge protector will cause a difference in noise levels between a filtered and unfiltered ground, and can cause analog and digital signal degradation. To rectify, its sometimes better if you risk the temporary plug directly into the power outlet, your signal will still be noisy but at least it will be noisy "in phase".

The proper way to fix the problem is to find the coax ground to the house ground and eliminate it, or just run a new fresh drop.

The same is true of CRT analog monitors, if you are getting a lot of interference, try bypassing your power bar for a short period of time and see if it disappears.

#24 ·
I wanted to add yet another story that happened recently.

Currently, I pay for the cable/internet bill at home (live with parents). My mom has started to work from home, and in order for her to get some of the internet charges back (from her work), it has to be in her name.

So she called Shaw and spoke to a rep there (I was out of the house). I got a call on my cell from the rep she was talking to (he had her on hold). He wanted to know if it was okay for him to unbundle our current package. I told him yes, but wanted to know the difference in charges.

He said if they unbundle the package I had, that the TV charges wouldn't be any more from the unbundle, but only the Internet charges would be more. First he said it would only be a dollar more. I asked him if he was sure. He put me on hold, and came back, and told me it was going to be $5 more. He applogised, and said he was sure. I asked him if there was ANY more charges at all that my mom would have to pay for to have the internet converted to her name, again he said no, and that he was sure.

When I got home, my mom told me that he told her the same thing. $1 more, then later said $5 more (this was aftering getting off the phone with me). He also informed her that she would be responsible for a $19.95 fee for converting the the account into her name. Obviously she said no at the time, because every time he came back to her, he kept increasing the fee.

When I got home, she told me this, and I almost flipped, but then remember, this is a normal practice of shaw. What kinda joke is this? I will probably end up calling them tomorrow, however I don't think they will budge.

#25 ·
I have seen the thread here for so long but have been too lazy to post in here for some reason. lol

Well here's my opinion of Shaw CSR's;

I can't blame them for being so mis-informed, they are just doing their jobs with all the information that is provided to them, they are basically there for billing and the slight little problem - they are not kept up to date on current issues and new things in the company andn thats a shame and if I was to blame anyone I would blame management and especially those people in Calgary - I don't see the big secret behind not telling your customers that a new channel is coming before it comes, instead of saying we don't know - and please give your CSR's some new lines or standard e-mail forms as when you hear the same answer all the time its really annoying as "the CRTC regulates which channels we are allowed to have" or "channels are added based on success in other markets" or my favourite one "not enough bandwidth" and I think that one is a lie most of the time, why not tell your CSR's to tell us - well we don't have any transponder space left on our main satellite and therefore we cannot provide it to you, or that you are holding a grudge on certain other companies and you don't want to carry their channels, or something new - I want some new excuses from you guys :D

So overall - CSR's Good :D - communication to CSR's By upper level employees :(

But there are some CSR's are rude all the time - and I am not gonna mention their names, but those people annoy me :D

But overall - overall - I am pleased wuith Shaw customer service and I have no real problems with it - alot better than the customer service I have received from MTS on several occasions.

Shawguy

#26 ·
differences in CSR's

I also think there is a difference in the competence and knowledge between the telephone CSR's and the ones in the Shaw office.

I recently moved and found my Bell system wouldn't work because of line of site problems. I called Shaw and asked about incentives to switch from Bell to Shaw and was told Shaw would give my $198 for my 6100 box and they wouldn't buy my 3100 box. She said it was the best they could do. I subsequently went to Shaw's office in Victoria and the rep there told me they would buy both boxes and give me three months of total cable coverage for free!

I packaged my internet too, so now my total cost is down about $25 per month and that is not until my three months of free cable is over.

It was a different experience dealing with a live rep instead of a telephone one. Probably the reps in the office get more information and get is sooner than the other ones.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.