Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

New Harmony Remote- 880

57K views 423 replies 109 participants last post by  spy604 
#1 ·
#77 ·
New 688 $200 +/-.
Shipping $15 +/-.

Not having to hear your wife/mother/outlaws complain 'cause they can't figure out how to turn everything on or off or can't get sound to match picture? Priceless!

#82 ·
Do you mean RF/IR?

RF=Radio Frequency
IR=Infra-Red

IR remotes are line of sight, if there's something directly between the remote and the receiver, it won't work. RF sends out a broadcast that can go around obstacles, but is prone to interference. Most electronics use IR remotes.

#87 ·
Any word yet on availability? A lot of sites are taking pre-orders now... some for under $200 too! (check froogle) I really don't know how they can sell it that cheap. To be honest, I'm not even sure if I trust 'em.

DigitalBuys seems like a safe bet though. They sell on eBay too and have a really clean (if not perfect) record.

#88 ·
I can take a pre-order from you for the 1st X-Wing fighter if you'd like...only $10,000, too! ;)

Unfortunately, there's still no listing for the 880 with the distributor. As soon as there is, I'll hit up the bid desk for a price based on the quantities we're looking at here.

#92 ·
So far...so good...

Here is a list so far...

Ac
Altaman
Becks
Bembol
Canuck22
CMOREMOVIES
Darkman
Dc
Dirkus
docted
Fate
Funkright
Joedoe
JohnnyCanuck
JohnnyG
Jumper5836
Keltontrey
Mcohen888
Murfle
Ndgboss
NeilN
NormL
Nuje
Pigonthewing
Poolshark
Que3jxp
RNAChemist (2)
RRH
Setton
Skidz (2)
skinnybad
Skywalk
SmooveB
Spindizzy
SteveB
Vik agarwal
Walldad

#98 ·
Contact Logitech?

Perhaps this group by is an opportunity for Logitech to take advantage of? It definitely shows this group as early adopters of technology and motivated to get the latest and the greatest! :rolleyes:

Anyone here have any contacts to them? :confused:

I would write my own email to them, but I am recovering from a shoulder surgery to my right arm, and any email talks to long to write (this one has taken far to long so far, with only my left hand being able to type).

Anyways, this may be an opportunity for Logitech to tie into and for us as a buying group to get an extra incentive to purchase (eg. reduced wholesale purchase price? some extra value thrown in? etc..) :p

Any thoughts on someone doing this?

#100 ·
funkright said:
Anyways, this may be an opportunity for Logitech to tie into and for us as a buying group to get an extra incentive to purchase (eg. reduced wholesale purchase price? some extra value thrown in? etc..) :p

Any thoughts on someone doing this?
At 40 remotes Logitech isn't going to be interested at all. It's simply too small for them directly. Better off through a distributor like JohnnyG has who's going to be buying tons to sell into retail channels.

#101 ·
Add me to the group buy, at least tentatively. It depends on the price, and how much the local stores will be selling it for as there is some security in being able to buy it at a local store. Case in point, my 688 developed a bad key after 1 month's use, and I was able to get the store to refund me. So I'm sitting on this cash and waiting to see what the 880 will sell for.

Does anybody have an idea if buying it in the U.S. (I may be going there in a week or 2) would be much cheaper? Certainly the taxes aren't as much. I checked some of the large chains like Best Buy (bestbuy.com, not bestbuy.ca) and none list it yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.