Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

NAD T587 Profile 2.0 Blu-ray now shipping

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  markusp 
#1 ·
#3 ·
"Silicon rubber feet have also been added to isolate vibrations from the player. "

Well that alone justifies a price 4 times that of other 2.0 players right?

Good luck with that NAD.

#5 ·
Well that alone justifies a price 4 times that of other 2.0 players right?

Good luck with that NAD.
What's with all the bias towards higher priced electronics? In this case, the audio section on the NAD Blu-Ray player will be of far higher quality than that on a mass-market player. For instance, the multichannel output of a good BD player such as the Denon 3800 sounds better than using its HDMI output with just about any mass market receiver, and the same will be said of the NAD player.

I would expect better DAC, better circuitry, lower noise power supply, less vibration, better quality control and higher build quality, plus unlike mass-market products this isn't intended to be replaced every 3 years.

Also keep in mind that someone who has already spent $5,000 on NAD separates will likely want a NAD Blu-Ray player to match their system, and in relation to their existing pre-amp and poweramp this product will offer value at this purchase price. I can assure you this product will sell very well in this niche market, its not intended for mass production.

elapsed

PS - Denon just announced a new DVD-A1UD Blu-Ray Player for $5,860. Keeping in mind that the old DVD-5910 ($3,500) is arguably the best DVD player ever made, I can assure you this will sell well to a specific market, while allowing Denon to show off advances in this technology. In relation, the NAD is a bargain ;)

#7 ·
Just wait for the Meridian BD player to be released (might take a couple years).
Their DVD player was priced like a decent car. I guess you'd need a mortgage to get their BD player...:D
...I can assure you this will sell well to a specific market, while allowing Denon to show off advances in this technology.
What does "sell well to a specific market" mean? Like the number of $150,000 Wilson speakers (X1, X2) sold over its lifetime - few sets a year?

I hope Denon's new DVD player includes their $500 HDMI cable...

BTW, where did the previous threads about this player go (that james99 combined into one)?

#6 ·
A Chevy and a Ferrari are both cars but we all want a Ferrari Is a NAD worth 4x the price. That's a difficult equation because everyone has different expectations and perceptions of quality.

#8 ·
Judging from what I have read at other forums, this player will NOT be on my wish list. It is a clone with some tweaks and NOT an audiophile product that justifies it's large cost.

Heck, even the photo indicates that it lacks overall build quality and the casing is too small to include high end audiophile parts. Take a look at the Denon DVD-3800BCTI as a product comparison to see which is truly worth the money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.