Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Picture and Sound 5.1

3K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  JoBel 
#1 ·
Hi,
I like to know if the quality of the picture of Cogeco and the sound is the same as Shaw Direct? I'm with shaw since 2004 and I like to change to cogeco because I have the phone and internet with them. I live in Quebec so maybe the quality is not the same in other provinces. I know that Shaw have no compression picture and sound is perfect 5.1 but I don't want a be desapointed with my decision.

Thank a lot...JoBel

#4 · (Edited)
what about

After a month of watching my new RNG200N I can't say if I like it very well.

Poor software.
No skipping 1 or 2 or 3 minutes like ShawDirect as.
Picture is kind of good maybe as Shaw.
The sound is perfect more base.
Why durring a recording it don't turn off at the end and close it as Shaw.
Can't say if you record two program at the same time, no light showing
No possibility to move day by day on the guide page.
And here in the province of Quebec, can't watch MovieTV in HD can't believe, poor HD programm in english only the base channel even if you ask for it.

I been with StarC them Shaw for 9 years
If you ask me now What is Cogeco VS ShawDirect and you like to watch english channel in HD don't go with Cogeco.:(

I have called them twice and they say if the demand is there they will have more...

#5 ·
what can I do to wacht english channel in HD?

Hi I live in Qc and we dont have a lot of english HD channel out here with the provider. I like to have movies channels. Can someone help me to have more? Can I buy a receiver that work with cogeco câble and received those channels? Or is the web tv is better solution?
Thank agains.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.