Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

A Night to Remember (Criterion Collection) [Blu-ray] (1958)

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Francois Caron 
#1 ·
..coming March 27th to Blu-ray.

This is the good Titanic movie...no silly love story...

#3 ·
And the special effects were pretty impressive for the time the movie was made. I can't imagine how they managed all of the logistics of tilting the sets without injuring too many people in the process.

The only really big goof was the ship not splitting in two at the stern, but no one was entirely sure what had happened to the ship until it was discovered decades later in two separate locations.

#4 ·
Got 'er done !

ahem...I mean,

have pre-ordered the blu-ray ;). Thank you for the heads up. I really enjoy your previous recommendation of criterion blu-ray, Paths of Glory

#6 ·
Arrived last week, watched last night.

Like that the film moves quickly unto the core of the story. Something about black and white that really draws me in as well. As I have with previous recommends for Criterion here, I view them several times - quite interesting film. Appreciate and value these the highest in my collection.

Well done and thanks again.

#8 ·
Ahh yes, lets see. Reading from the back of the case

Blu-ray Special Edition Features :

- New digital restoration, with uncompressed monoaural soundtrack (not sure what monoaural means)

- Audio commentary by Don Lynch and Ken Marschall, author and illustrator of "Titantic" : An Illustrated History

- The making of "A Night to Remember. 60 minute documentary

- Archival interview with survivor, Eva Hart

- En natt att minnas (1962), half hour Swedish documentary featuring interviews with survivors.

- The Iceberg That Sank the Titanic (2006), a fifty minute BBC documentary.

- Trailer

Plus a booklet featuring an essay by film critic Michael Sragow and archival photographs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.