Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Once Upon a Time

12K views 47 replies 20 participants last post by  Exid0r 
#1 ·
Did anyone watch this last night?
I really had no idea what to expect, but I was completely drawn into it and thought it was extremely well done. And the visuals (of Fairy-tale-land) were absolutely gorgeous.

I knew it had hooked me when I was wishing just as hard as the little boy for what happened in the last shot, and had a tear in my eye when it did (yeah I'm a total suck lol).

I'll definitely keep watching, and hope they're able to keep the wonder alive so I don't end up disappointed.

#2 ·
I've been anticipating this since seeing trailers for it a few months back. I was quite impressed with the pilot as well. I definitely agree with you that the shots of Fairytale land were awesome, and I think they handled the back-and-forth between Fairytale land and the real world very well.

Can't wait until next Sunday.

#7 ·
While the anticipation was high with the series based on the trailers, I think it will be tonight's episode that will give us an idea on whether it has staying power. While I did enjoy the pilot, I'm not sure if it lived up to the expectations shown in the trailer. Hopefully tonight's episode is an improvement and viewers do tune in for it.

#10 ·
Kiss my Rumpelstiltskin!

I watched the 6pm ET airing on 114 (Rogers SD Digital).

The first episode made me feel Happy that I watched it, but the second episode made me feel Grumpy and then Sleepy.

Jennifer Morrison (plays the role of Snow White's daughter) was a Doc in House, M.D., but even she couldn't save episode 2 from itself.

The magic crap was Dopey and left me cold, perhaps even a bit Sneezy.

For me, once was enough for Once Upon A Time.

The End.

Note: It's been reported that shortly after watching episode 2, Bashful ate a poison apple and died in his sleep. Sleepy was by his side.

#16 · (Edited by Moderator)
This clock tower:
http://cdn.seriable.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/404-00132-570x321.jpg

Looks to be composited on top of this building:
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu360/Aleki_77/Once Upon a Time/5975941871_3b4bfa5675_b.jpg

Which is actually this building, power pole and all:
http://g.co/maps/267db

IF the clock itself is the Dundas clock, it's been moved to Steveston courtesy of Photoshop magic... although it seems to be a pretty generic-looking clock.

From this article, it sounds like the Enchanted Forest is actually the base of Mount Seymour, behind Capilano College in North Van: http://vancouverisawesome.com/2011/08/05/yvrshoots-once-upon-a-time-in-steveston-village/

#19 ·
I tweeted one of the show's stars, Ginnifer Goodwin, and she replied that all filming is done in the Vancouver area.

#20 ·
Nov. 27 ratings

CBS: "60 Minutes"/"The Amazing Race" (15.4 million, 9.3/14)
NBC: "Sunday Night Football" - Steelers-Chiefs (15.25 million, 9.3/13)
ABC: "Once Upon a Time" (10.7 million, 5.9/8)
FOX: "The Simpsons" (5.6 million, 3.0/4)/"Allen Gregory" (3.1 million, 1.8/3)

#25 ·
Resurrecting this thread as I just watched the season finale. Overall, I was quite impressed with the way this series progressed. There were a few horrible episodes, but the last few made up for it.

Without spoiling things for those who haven't watched the finale yet, I will say the first 10 minutes or so was just amazing! The whole episode built up into a great conclusion that, although predictable, was still great (in my opinion). Luckily this was renewed for a second season, and I can't wait to see what the end scene means for the upcoming season. :)

#28 ·
When the Blue Fairy ("bubbled" I call her) first appeared some thought she was Tinkerbell, because the closed captions said something "Tknling bells".

My full comment was:

Get rid of Tinkerbell, Jiminy Cricket and anything not from a Grimm Fairytale (come to think of it, that includes Gepetto and Pinocchio) and it may last a bit longer.
Interesting how Pinocchio turned out to be one of the better characters there. But I can still do without the fairy and the cricket, and Gepetto server no real purpose, really.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.