Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Burn Notice in Canada?

27K views 48 replies 26 participants last post by  sherds 
#1 ·
Burn Notice is now in it's second season, and I can't find in on any of the Shaw channels.

Is it only on the USA network? Any Canadian broadcasters picking this one up?

#5 ·
The third season is starting in the U.S.

Unfortunately, I find that torrenting is the only reasonable way to get this, and a few other, shows.

I'm only 4-5 episodes into season 1, but it looks interesting so far. Defintely something to pick up over the summer to fill the gap.

#8 ·
Unfortunately, I find that torrenting is the only reasonable way to get this, and a few other, shows.

I'm only 4-5 episodes into season 1, but it looks interesting so far. Defintely something to pick up over the summer to fill the gap.
After looking for a long time, we finally torrented the first season, watched the first episode, and were not not impressed.

Does it pick up quickly? Or something that needs time to mature, like good wine and red heads?

#11 ·
Burn Notice gone from Superchannel?

The new season of Burn Notice was suppsoed to start on Superchannel this week, but now it's not listed anymore and the show is completely gone from their website. ANyone know what happened? and is it going to be on a different Canadian channel?

#12 ·
I doubt a series show would just disseaper off of Super Channel without a word of notice or reason after, because that'd just be plain rude.

Or maybe we're just crazy, and it was never there!

So; Super Channel's overall percentage of shows that are reruns, increases to 95?

#13 ·
Maybe another channel acquired the rights or SuperChannel lost them.

without a word of notice or reason after, because that'd just be plain rude.
Global stations do this all the time. I think rude is a pretty kind description for many Canadian broadcasters.

Super Channel's overall percentage of shows that are reruns, increases to 95?
A sure sign SC is in financial trouble. Their programming is getting so bad, especially when compared to TMN/HBO. Not that TMN/HBO's programming is always that great but they at least have a decent lineup of first run shows.

#14 ·
Reply from Super Channel

Hi All,

I sent Super Channel a questions regarding Burn Notice and this is the response I got. I don't know how helpful it is, but I thought I would share it regardless.

Quoting Super Channel email reply:

Hello Kristen,

Thank you for your inquiry. Burn Notice is an important series to us and we're therefore working hard to bring you Season 3 episode 10 - 16 and future episodes. We will send another update when more information becomes available, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience this may cause you.

Best Regards,

Super Channel

I really hope that they start showing the episode soon, otherwise I will be cancelling my subsciption with them. Burn Notice is the only reason I have this package, and I can watch them online for free right now.

-Kristen

#15 ·
Season Three is now available on DVD, you might as well buy it (or rent it, some stores do carry TV titles for rent).

As for SuperChannel, still nothing. I think they've given up on BN and gone with 'Leverage' instead (first season already aired, second season starting September 13th).

Showcase now has the rights to replay the series; they'll be starting with Season One on Tuesday nights beginning September 7th.

Hope that helps.

#16 ·
I forgot to set a pvr event for this series on showcase. So I went to showcase's website today to see if/when it will be replayed (it won't) and decided to just watch the pilot online.

About 1 minute in, a cooking ad/show is over laid on the video with the audio or both videos coming through for around 30 seconds. It then reverts to Burn Notice but with audio only: no video, just a black screen. Bizarre.

Guess it is torrent time.

#18 ·
Here's the Zap2it schedule for the Pilot (Central time).
Code:
Sun 9/12 5:00-6:00pm	SHCASEC
Sun 9/12 5:00-6:00pm	SHCSCHD
Sun 9/12 8:00-9:00pm	SHCASEP
Tue 9/14 9:00-10:00pm	SHCASEC
Tue 9/14 9:00-10:00pm	SHCSCHD
Wed 9/15 12:00-1:00am	SHCASEP
Sun 9/19 5:00-6:00pm	SHCASEC
Sun 9/19 5:00-6:00pm	SHCSCHD
Sun 9/19 8:00-9:00pm	SHCASEP

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.