Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

WinTV-HVR-950Q

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  recneps77 
#1 ·
Hi,

Just wondering if purchasing this USB stick will allow me to view channels such as Leafs TV (and consequently stream) and other digital channels on my laptop?

I also have a Windows Home Server which I guess could take PCI cards. But for practical purposes, I'd like to know if I will benefit by using this product or the non-QAM version which is WinTV-HVR-950

Thanks!

#2 ·
NO to all your questions.

I just bought a little HDTV and did a scan and the only QAM channels left were audio-only channels. Even the basic channels you paid for were scrambled in the digital side, let alone extra like Leafs/Raptors/movies/internationals/etc.

#3 ·
Just in case, I am in Toronto and subscribed to Rogers Cable; if it makes a difference.

I thought that this USB stick was able to pick-up regular (digital?) channels such as Sportsnet and/or TSN. Or is this product a glorified antenna that picks up ONLY Over-The-Air HD channels?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.