Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Asus Unveils First Quad-Core Tablet, Eee Pad Transformer Prime

20K views 95 replies 14 participants last post by  Danster 
#1 ·
#30 ·
I haven't had any reboots under .14 but the browser still freezes once in a while. Hopefully .15 fixes that as well. At least, ASUS is making firmware updates unlike when I had bought my ASUS A730 pocket pc. :eek:

#32 ·
Did anyone notice that their Prime has stopped refreshing the weather widget since the last two firmware upgrades or is it just mine?

#37 ·
When I got mine, I went straight to the ICS upgrade. I wanted to learn my tablet with the upper OS instead of having to curse the lower for not being able to INSERT FAVORITE ACTION HERE.

Now I can't wait for my phone to get ICS as well. :eek:

#39 ·
@mikeh.... I picked up my Eee Pad Transformer Prime 3 weeks ago. It has not been a good experience.

First it was the crappy .13 update... It would reboot 2-3 times a day. The .14 update helped, but mine is going to be sent back as the camera works once in a while, and apps crash all the time. I used to love ASUS products and have many of their motherboards, but the Prime was rused out too soon.

GPS does not work, so ASUS fixed it by removing GPS from the spec sheet. Wi-fi and bluetooth have an issue and the speed slows to a crawl...

Save your money and get a nice "New iPad" or a Samsung Tab. Asus blew it.

#40 ·
I have had mine since January and I haven't used my GPS for anything so for it to work or not, it isn't a big problem. I like the portability of my ASUS and if I had to do it over, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again.

I agree they blew it for the GPS but for what I do with it, I think it's a very good tablet. I would recommend it to friends. If I want a GPS, I'll get a TOMTOM or something. ;)

#43 ·
Do you guys use the original browser that came with the tablet and if so, does it hang sometimes and you have to click on wait or cancel? Mine does it often.

#44 ·
I always use the factory browser and it seems to work well after the .14 update. However, I did a factory reset and that resolved at lot of rebooting / lock up issues.

I have updated to .21 and it seems ok. One reboot when starting up the camera app. Browser has been ok. Maybe uninstall flash, and reinstall it.

I found other browsers to be much slower.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.