Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Challenge with my Samsung DLP turning off

Tags
dlp samsung
2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Shaw Guru 
#1 ·
I have a 4 year old Samsung DLP that is now out of warranty and now has starting having the following issue. When it turns on the video and audio work perfectly fine for about 20 seconds and then it shuts itself off. I called Samsung and they do not believe it would be the bulb as it's working fine for the first 20 seconds. When it turns off it flashes TEMP and LAMP in green on the front and Standby in red.
I'm suspecting it may be something overheating and shutting off. Any thoughts?

#3 ·
I had a look at the fans when i took everything apart and the fans are running. After the 20 seconds or so the bulb itself goes out and it appears that the fans continue to run. Could it be that the bulb is just heating up to a certain temp and once at that temp something is losing contact in the lamp? I just was hoping to avoid buying a new bulb only to find out that was not the problem and be out an extra $200 when i could have just put that towards a new TV.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.