Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eastlink 2012 Programming and Packages Discussion

19K views 42 replies 15 participants last post by  excatvdude 
#1 ·
This thread is to discuss programming and packages available from Eastlink in 2012.

Use this thread if you are investigating changing your programming on Eastlink or investigating what is available on Eastlink.

#36 ·
Not sure if the name changed here too, but ours went up $2 to 8.95 also. Someone is this house enjoys a couple of the channels so that's staying but Hollywood Suite is going bye-bye tomorrow.

#39 ·
I am not amused to see yet another price increase either, and I have lost track of the number in the past year.

Also, I am concerned about the possible future splitting of theme packs in order to create new ones. (some channels from family pack are being removed to create a new, "kids pack"). My concern is that this move is just the start, other theme packs will be affected eventually, and this means that we will have to pay more to receive the same number of channels, split into a larger number of smaller sized theme packs.

I like Eastlink in general, but these constant price increases are getting tiresome.

#40 ·
splitting themes

Yes David, I too am concerned. When i signed up for the HD Extra for $6.95 it contained the 4 channels and 2 were added within weeks. 3 months later that grouping has been renamed to HD Adventure with a price increase to 8.95. the HD Extra now just contains the original 4 channels and is 6.95.

#42 ·
Just noticed this on my bill for January 1st.

As you may have seen in the media, Eastlink and other TV
providers have been in dispute with Bell Media regarding the
rates and terms charged for their content, resulting in
significant increases in fees. Due to these increases and those
imposed by other content providers, effective on your next
statement, your monthly rate will increase by $4.00.
And then in the next paragraph,

At EastLink, our number one priority is to bring you the Best in
entertainment services. Over the past 12 months we have
added more HD channels, increased video OnDemand
content and added HD programming to your Movie Packages.
As a result of providing these additional services the price of
TMN/MEncore will increase by $1.00 on your next statement.
$5 a month more????? Your giving other customers freebies for 3 months and we have to pay more???????????

:mad::mad::mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.