Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Amazing Race begins Feb 19, 2012

6K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  johnvan 
#1 ·
#7 ·
Interesting. I baled, too. I get tired of the airport sequences. Always seems the same -- standing at the counter trying for a faster route.

I've always wished they would let us see more of the cities or countryside. The camera usually pans at lighting speed across a cityscape, as if the viewers have no attention span at all. I often use slow motion with my PVR.

Doubt I'll watch the upcoming season.

meshmellow

#10 ·
I think they do a fair job at showing the places when they initially get there and before they arrive with the previews of the locations.

As far as what the cameras show while they are racing..their main job is to follow the subjects around and they often use local camera crews to accomplish it.

#15 ·
I'm surprised they didn't show the usual airport ticket scrum at the beginning. I can't remember them not showing that before in a season opener. But maybe they wanted to save the airtime for more skydiving scenes.

LOL at Brendan hating the border guards all ready just because he's half-Mexican.

#16 ·
I noticed one team, it might be the clowns, didn't have the usual backpacks. They were carrying their belongings in a standard wheeled suitcase that you drag behind you. That's gonna cost them big time. Imagine trying to circumvent a crowded suq or market in India with one of those. I'm surprised though cause I always thought the contestants all had the same type of backpack given by the producers.

#20 ·
I wasn't particularly rooting for them, but I admit to getting all warm and fuzzy during the last episode. They're a very likeable team. Simple people with simple dreams. As a guy who can't dance his way through his own wedding, I really felt for them at that competition.

#22 ·
The best 2 teams this season finished first and second.

The bitching of moaning from Rachel lasted to the end of the show (blaming a bad cab driver even though prior mistakes took them out of the race).

I have to question the editing of the show, i find it hard to believe that Army boy and Rachel made up that much time. Going across the lake and heading back across would have consumed a large chunk of time. I'm sure Art and JJ ended up and the bunny hill much later than implied.

Anyway, no more Team Big Baby.

Amazing Race' recap: finale, 'It's a Great Place to Become Millionaires'

#24 ·
A couple... How did the winners open up such a massive lead? I thought I'd missed a whole chunk of the show or something.

Vanessa's ankle looked really messed up in HD, and she seemed to be wearing a brace at the end?

Brendan is supposed to be a PhD physicist but doesnt seem to understand what radiation is?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.