Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

SaskTel: Where are your phones!?

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  g011um 
#1 ·
Announcements are rolling out of Bell, Rogers, Telus, even smaller players like Virgin on a daily basis; nothing but awesome new phones on the horizon. From Sasktel? Crickets.

Does anyone know if SaskTel is getting any of the new phones, like the Atrix, Incredible S, Nexus S etc etc? Does anyone know if they will at least start carrying current gen phones, like the Desire HD?

I've been with SaskTel for a long time and never had a problem with them, but in the last couple of years they really seem to have fallen behind. It looks like I may have to jump ship to Telus.

#3 ·
Sasktel is known for dragging there feet and having the crappiest oldest phones (for alot more money then the other guys) They have the best coverage so they dont seem to care, cus most people go with them.
there website says there 4g now and there getting the iphone i think in july.

#4 ·
Thanks TorontoColin, I saw that come up on MobileSyrup not long after I posted my question/rant. I asked over Twitter if they could narrow the "coming soon" date to something slightly more concrete (i.e. weeks or months) and got the standard "sorry can't say" reply from SaskTel. MobileSyrup posted a follow up this morning saying "sometime in April", and indicated the Samsung Galaxy 550 will also be released.

Looking at the specs of the Incredible S, apart from the front-facing camera, it's nearly identical to the Desire HD (the phone I've been leading toward getting). I may make the move to Telus. They share SaskTel's towers here in SK so the (theoretically) the coverage should be the same.

#7 ·
Seems about a year too late. Unless they were free, now is the wrong time to buy an iPhone. New models are typically announced June-ish, although I've heard rumours the iPhone 5 announcement will likely be pushed back to Sept. Either way, an iPhone seems like a poor purchase right now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.