Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

new iPhone rumours and speculation

7K views 42 replies 25 participants last post by  james99 
#1 ·
Has anyone heard about a news release today for the iPhone 5???

Note from TorontoColin: Digital Home has a zero tolerance policy for trolling. Any trolling or inflammatory posts here will be removed and infractions issued. Respect your fellow members and their potentially different opinions.

#7 ·
They won't go and skip a number like that as it would lead to a lot of confusion. iPhone naming doesn't necessarily match that of the iOS version that it runs (a good example being the iPhone 4S).

I could see them just start calling it iPhone though, as it would match what they do with their computers & the iPad.

#13 ·
they went 3 to 3gs to 4 to 4s...5 is more likely.
There was a iPhone 3G not a iPhone 3, and it was the second iPhone, the 3GS was the third. So the next iPhone will be the 6th version, so following Apple's history of naming devices it will be a iPhone 6, although now it will more than likely be called new iPhone. It will not be called a iPhone 5.

#17 ·
iPhone X is how they should keep it goin... iPhone 5 is what people expect so go with it.

I dont think many want to say i have an iPhone 5 HD LTE

#20 ·
That's exactly what happened when the iPhone 4S was announced.

The rumors are circulating now that the next iPhone will have a 4" display. I think now would be a great time to do this as 4" is still a comfortable size, and it will still be easy to use with one hand.

#21 ·
That's exactly what happened when the iPhone 4S was announced.
I admit I was one of the dissapointed ones, after reading all of the rumors before the actual unveiling. It was short lived though. After I really looked at the phone, I liked it.

A 4" screen would be a nice size for the next iPhone. Some of the other rumors that I am hoping is true, that it will have NFC capabilities.

#23 ·
nic78, your logic is flawed if you think you can accurately predict the rumours that surround Apple products.

And for the record, I'm not, and never have predicted a name for the next iPhone. Why? Because I have better things to do with my life than obsess over the naming strategy of Apple products.

#26 ·
As I have added to post 1:
Digital Home has a zero tolerance policy for trolling. Any trolling or inflammatory posts here will be removed and infractions issued. Respect your fellow members and their potentially different opinions.
Everybody be nice and respectful to each other, please!

#29 ·
I like the current size and the iphone 4S has been great even without any cell service. I don't know whether to wait for the new phone or not before buying my own iphone with a 3 year plan. Bigger is not better for sure. The battery of the 4S needs charging too often.

#30 ·
A new iPhone is likely to be announced in September. If you can wait two months, I'd highly advise you to wait and see what Apple has cooking. Nothing is worse than seeing a new device much better than your own, and knowing that it will be nearly three years before you can get one.

And if you don't like it, you can still get an iPhone 4S, which will probably get a price drop anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.